Fastening Down Teak Slats on Wing Seats

Sep 26, 2008
793
Hunter 340 0 Wickford, RI
On my Hunter 340 I have 2 Wing Seats that have 1 1/2 inch wide x 3/8 inch thick Teak Wood Slats. They are screw down through the White Starboard and up into the slats to hold them in place.
A few of the screw holes in the teak slats have widen over the years and do not hold the screws in tight.
The teak itself is in great condition but some of the screw holes need to be filled and retapped for the wood screws to hold them tight.
Will 2 Part Total Boat Flex Epox work for this? Can that be drilled and tapped to accept wood screws after it hardens?
Thank you for your help.
 

jssailem

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Oct 22, 2014
24,758
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
For my wooden seats, I used threaded nut inserts. Then I used SS bolts to attach the seat to the pulpit. No stripping. 4 bolts per seat. Quickly installed for the cruising season. I can remove them for the winter. No more screws stripping out of the wood.
1790897895710.jpeg