Farewell friends

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
The worst thing about ovarian cancer is that there are no symptoms, not a clue to alert a woman that she needs to see her doctor, until it's so advanced that it's almost always just a matter of a very short time...as it was was with Mike's wife. I'm sure a search for a means of early detection and cure has to be ongoing, but it "flies under the radar"...NO publicity, no "races for the cure" for ovarian...only for breast cancer, which can almost always be cured by early detection. I'm convinced that's because it's all about sex appeal. Ovaries have none...ovarian cancer is just a silent killer. I'm sure Mike and his wife would have gladly accepted a small scar on her belly if that could have given them all the years together they'll never have. They were both victims of the misplaced priorities of our society.
--Peggie

May 14, 2019
CORONADO 23-2 Home
To stand on the shore and look to a destination across the water, over the horizon.... is what drives us all. The breeze, the spray, it is what invigorates our soul. The boat a tool we fashion to carry our spirits on to adventure. And yet they too may have spirits or maybe it is just an extension of our own...
May God bless you in this, one of your hardest trials... May God bring you comfort and peace to fight your pain, but may God also strengthen your life and your resolve! For every day you live, every step you take, every course you set, you honor your wife and God! To another who knows how much 5 minutes is worth.... I raise a glass and toast you and your wife!
May you float and sail in delight again my friend.
MarknTara - Wonder Monkey

Dec 14, 2003
Hunter 34 Lake of Two Mountains, QC, Can
My condolences to you and your family Mike. The poem by Henry Van Dyke was a beautiful tribute. ''The Unknown Shore by Elizabeth Clark Hardy is another one that befits moments like those sad ones that you are going through. Here it is thinking of you and wishing you well under those sad circumstances.

‘’The Unknown Shore"
Elizabeth Clark Hardy

Sometime at eve when the tide is low,
I shall slip my mooring and sail away
With no response to the friendly hail
Of kindred craft in the busy bay.
In the silent hush of the twilight pale
When the night stoops down to embrace the day
And the voices call in the water’s flow….

Sometime at eve when the tide is low
I shall slip my mooring and sail away.
Through the purple shadows that darkly trail
O’er the ebbing tide of the Unknown Sea,
I shall fare me away, with a dip of sail
And a ripple of waters to tell the tale
Of a lonely voyager, sailing away
To Mystic Isles where at anchor lay
The craft of those who have gone before
O’er the Unknown Sea to the Unknown Shore.

A few who have watched me sail away
Will miss my craft from the busy bay;
Some friendly barks that were anchored near,
Some loving souls that my heart held dear,
In silent sorrow will drop a tear—
But I shall have peacefully furled my sail
In moorings sheltered from storm or gale
And greeted friends who have gone before
O’er the Unknown Sea to the Unknown Shore.

Sep 20, 2006
Hunter 33 Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada
I hope they have as many fine hours and adventures as my wife and I did.
Still some things don't come down to dollars and cents. Some things like friends, sunsets, swimming in the buff and wine at sunset on the hook have no price.
Mike, I am sorry to hear of your loss, and am sorry to hear that she will no longer enjoy what you have both had for many years. It is a good thing that you have given her.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Stay strong, Mike. Remain by her side and give her the strength she needs to fight this horrible disease. The women in our family have been hit hard with it. Some survived, others not so much. Both of you have many fond memories. Visit here often while you can. Please let us know about her recovery.

May 14, 2019
CORONADO 23-2 Home
Terry, you might want to check the whole post, but I'm sure the Lord God Almighty has given her a full recovery and more.
Blessed be the name of the Lord God.