Fantasia 35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2008
TUNG HWA FANTASIA 35 MKII Miami, FL
Hello,

I own a Fantasia 35 in Miami.

Still stuck on land and coastal cruising when I can but hoping to go very far one day.

Pictures of my boat are in my profile "Capjules"

If you also own a Fantasia 35 drop me a line, let me know where you're at and what you are up to.

If you are looking for a great liveaboard and/or blue water cruiser and
want more info on this boat you can go to www.fantasia35.com. you are also welcome to ask me any questions.

Fair Winds,

Jules Robinson
Miami, FL

Last edited:
C

Cyndimarcus

Fantasia

Looking at a Fantasia in rough shape. How do you like your boat? How does it perform in light air?

Jan 22, 2008
I love it

Hi,

for me the Fantasia 35 by a long shot is the best use of space in a 35 ft boat. I had an Oday 39 and I am much happier space wise on the Fantasia.

This boat is on the slow side but it does better than it's ratios would suggest. If speed is what you are looking for this is the wrong boat.

If you want a boat that is bullet proof, that you trust in a gale and that is also very very comfortable to live on, for me there is nothing better.

also note that there is the MKI model and the MKII model, there are differences in the hull and rig and also the interior.

Let me know how it goes.

Jules

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2008
Irong fuel tank

Also be ware of the black iron fuel tank, they can rust on the inside and the previous owner of my boat had to replace it with a 47 gal aluminum tank.

he left me very detailed instructions of how he changed the tank, even a blue print of the new tank. let me know if you want a copies.

Jan 22, 2008
Light Air

In light air with main and 130 genoa she will do half the wind speed beam reach to down wind, slows down a bit as you head up wind.

now i have been told on cutters that up wind it's better to use the staysail and 110 jib so I am changing to that combination to gain upwind speed and in light air I will take them down and use a drifter.

on other boats I have used a drifter from dead down wind to a beam reach and in very light air up to close hauled without getting out of balance.

the drifter should generally improve upon the boat speed I reported above, so it's not bad for a boat this heavy.

if you are ever in miami you can sail her yourself and see.

G

gabster

Aft berth

Hi Jules

Im looking into Fantasia, could you or anyone else please tell me the length of the aft berth

Cheers
Gab

Jan 22, 2008
Aft Berth

Hi

sorry have forgotten to measure.

but I am 5'11" tall and I can sleep on either side of the bed with no problem

the midships berth is longer than the outboard berth as the hull is curving
inwards along the side of the bed but I can sleep on either side.

keep in mind your feet, if you are as tall as I am, partially lie under the cabinet
that houses the steering radial, outpilot drive etc... so if I lie legs flat I am
fine, if I cross one foot over the other the upper foot is pressing up on the
bottom of the cabinet, sometimes watching TV I do this and after a while
it bothers, but I don't sleep that way so it's not a problem.

I do have a custom mattress that is very thick so if the boat you
get has a thinner matress you may be able to cross your feet
and not come into contact with the cabinet.

wider at the top and narrower at the end with the rudder stock coming up into
that cabinet I spoke of, so the rudder stock would be between your feet and your
partners.

will try to get you the exact demension asap,

Jules

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2008
Aft Bed Dimentions

OK here we go;

51" wide at the head
41' wide at the foot
76" long inboard berth
80" long outboard berth
96" diagonal

go see a fantasia 35 and you will be amazed at how
spacious they are inside, I was totally blown away
the first time I saw one on the inside.

I bought it and have never regreted it.

Keep in mind there is a MKI and a MKII version, be sure to know the differences before you buy.

G

gabster

Thanks a million

Hi Jules

Thanks a million, now I just have to sell my boat...
if you know anyone on the west coast interested in a CT 34 send them my way...
www.theparrotct34.com

I might be going in Miami in april to ship a boat up to New York, If that's the case maybe
I can buy you a beer in exchange for a tour of your baby

Cheers
Gab

Mar 21, 2009
2 35 San Diego
Aloha - i'm in the market for a blue water cruiser that my husband and i will live aboard. the Fantasia 35 looks to have everything we need. It's small enough to singlehand and big enough to store our bikes and have friends visit. I've heard a few things about water and fuel tanks rusting. i also have been told to check for blistering on the bottom from osmosis. does anyone iknow if that's an issue. why aren't there that many for sale. is it cause there aren't that many or cause the owners love them so much they'd never sell? or cause they're crap and have been sailed to the sea floor? we're going to look at on next month and was looking for some advice as far as what to look for in problem areas. Any advice?

Jan 22, 2008
It's a great boat.

Hi,

I bought my 1980 fantasia 35 one year ago and so far have never regreted it. I love it.

I have the original stainless water tanks and they are fine but the previous owner replaced the black iron fuel tank back in the nineties as it did rust out. he had to remove part of the settee and floor to do it and left me the detailed instructions if you would like a copy. the original tank was about 130 gallons, and to put back the same size tank too much of the interior would have to be taken apart so he put in a 47 gal aluminum tank, which is plenty for an engine that burns 1/2 gal per hour. and that also freed up a good amount of storage space under the floor in the forward cabin for additional storage.

my surveyor noted some blister repairs had been done to the hull but very little and mine has no blisters at this time in miami's warm waters. besides the hull is so thick that some blisters are nothing to worry about.

take note that there is the ealier MKI model and the later MKII model, there are some very significant diferences between the two. mine is a MKII. You can see all of that on www.fantasia35.com. you can see how this boat was built rock solid with no corners cut. 29 year later I have no deck delamination. amazing. and comfort for living is second to none in a 35 footer.

Let me know if you have any other questions or if I can be of further help.

Good Luck,

Jules

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2009
2 35 San Diego
Re: It's a great boat.

i've looked at that website many times and can't find out where they show the differences between the two. i'm not sure how to know which one ours is either. Does the year determine that? The one we're looking at is at this link
http://www.yachtworld.com/core/list...urrency=USD&access=Public&listing_id=2905&url=
We won't be looking at it until next month and i'm curious to know which one it is and what the differneces are. can you tell me where that is on the fantasia35 website? i would love to see the plans you have for replacing the fuel tank. i was wondering if the floors or boat had to be dismantled in some way. that sounds like a HUGE job. you can send that and any other information to kimhifi@hotmail.com
thanks for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.