Factory option thru hull?

Jun 7, 2016
Catalina C30 Warwick, RI
I was wondering if anyone knew what this thru hull may have been intended for on a C30 MKI. If you look at the picture of the hull it is the larger thru hull that is forward, and the pic of the inside it is the thru hull in the back with the white plug in it.

The original owner of the boat said that he never used it and when he bought the boat new it came like that. He said he thinks it was for some kind of option that they automatically put in, but I'm not sure what that could be. Does anyone know or have a guess what type of option would have warranted that thru hull? For reference the one in the fore ground next to it is the water supply for the head and the head sink drain.
thru hull.jpg
HEAD FITTING.jpg

Jan 8, 2015
MacGregor 26S, Goman Express 30 Kerr Reservoir
I was wondering if anyone knew what this thru hull may have been intended for on a C30 MKI?
For reference the one in the fore ground next to it is the water supply for the head and the head sink drain.
MY 30' boat has a separate thru hull for the head water supply and another thru hull for the sink drain.
I have thought about combining the two like yours is in order to flush the head with fresh water at the end of the day to avoid the stinkies that come from the head after a few weeks of non use.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
What are the dimensions of the thru hull. 3/4" to 1" is usually an intake supply line or drain. 1.5" or bigger is usually a Waste line.
How big are the holes?
Where are they in the boat? (i.e. near a waste tank or a compressor?)

Jun 7, 2016
Catalina C30 Warwick, RI
They are both in the V-berth next to the water tank. The smaller one is either 3/4' or 1" and is the intake for flushing the head and for the sink drain. The larger one is probably closer to 1 1/2" and is not near any other gear. I am not sure if there were options that could have been installed on or by the water tank.

Jun 7, 2016
Catalina C30 Warwick, RI
overboard waste discharge?
That's what I thought at first and that it was maybe a direct discharge, but the head discharge connection faces aft and the holding tank is aft of the head, where this is forward of the head.

Oct 2, 2008
Pearson/ 530 Strafford, NH
Wash down supply for anchor locker? Just thinking, raw water supply to the head and overboard discharge from a wye valve after the head?

Oct 11, 2019
Catalina 30TRBS New Bern
On my '86 MK1, that is the direct overboard waste discharge. Hose runs from a T to here...one direction from the T is to the holding tank, the other runs to here. Accessed through a low locker door in the head.

Jun 7, 2016
Catalina C30 Warwick, RI
On my '86 MK1, that is the direct overboard waste discharge. Hose runs from a T to here...one direction from the T is to the holding tank, the other runs to here. Accessed through a low locker door in the head.
Thank you.:thumbup: I thought it was in the wrong direction to be a direct discharge but that does make sense the way you're explaining it.

Now I just have to figure what to do with it. For whatever reason, having a large extra unused hole in the hull really irks me.