Factory fresh water and holding tank sensors

Clydo

May 28, 2013
Catalina C310 SF Bay/Delta
My sensors stopped working couple years ago. Bought new sensors for guy to install. New sensors have
plus and negative wires from sensor panel to hook up to boat electrical panel. Guy cut old sensor
wire bundle and pulled old sensor panel. Old sensor did not have wires to electrical panel.
It now appears have positive wire hooked up to power somewhere for old sensors.
Would really appreciate advice from anyone who has been involved with it. Don't feel
comfortable with positive wire in old bundle even though he taped old wires individually
and then taped bundle..

Clyde Thorington.
C310 # 245
ILEANTOO
San Jose, Ca

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
If yours are factory installed sensors, it should be possible to get a wiring diagram that would show where the positive feed for the sensors comes from. If not, the most likely source for power would be the fresh water pump circuit. I chose that circuit to power the aftermarket sensors that I installed.

Nov 16, 2012
Catalina 310, 2000, #31 31 Santa Cruz
Pretty sure the factory didn’t install any sensors. Those would have been done by the dealer or a PO.

Mar 6, 2008
Catalina 310 Scott Creek, VA
You might look at the cabin light circuit also. I chose that for mine since that breaker is almost always on. If you have a helper with a meter you can cycle all the breakers and see if it is connected to one of them (or directly to the battery).

Clydo

May 28, 2013
You might look at the cabin light circuit also. I chose that for mine since that breaker is almost always on. If you have a helper with a meter you can cycle all the breakers and see if it is connected to one of them (or directly to the battery).
Good point. Talked to Warren Catalina Factory and he said only thing factory connected to battery was bilge pump.
Great idea on cycle breakers.

Clyde Thorington
C310 # 246
I LEAN TOO
San Jose, CA

Clydo

May 28, 2013
Good point. Talked to Warren Catalina Factory and he said only thing factory connected to battery was bilge pump.
Great idea on cycle breakers.

Clyde Thorington
C310 # 246
I LEAN TOO
San Jose, CA