F235 spinaker retrofit

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Neil

I am in the early stages of looking for a F235 to buy for my first keel boat. Can anyone give me advice about these two aspects of F235 buying? 1. Regarding spinaker equipment: I'm planning to race the boat locally, and would want to have a boat equipped to fly a spinaker. Only about half of the F235s that I've seen for sale on the web seem to be set up for spinakers. If I eventually find a nice F235 that is not so equipped, please give me an idea of how much $$$ I'll face to buy all the necessary hardware (pole, lines, blocks, cleats, etc) and 'software' (i.e., one general purpose light air spinaker) to get properly set up. 2. Regarding F235 trailers: Also, if I can't find a boat with a trailer, please tell me about how much I should expect to spend buying a trailer for an F235. How much better is it to have a 2-axle trailer than a 1-axle trailer for towing these boats, and what would be the approximate price difference in having these two styles made? Should the trailer have it's own brakes? If so, about how much do they add to the cost of the trailer? Thanks, Neil

G

Greg F

F235 Trailers

I just bought a 235 and had researched trailers. I was't able to find a used one, so I looked into new trailers. I wanted to keep the total weight low and would tow infrequently, so I was looking only for a single axle. Due to the weight I also wanted brakes. Prices ranged from $2000 to $3500. Let me know if you want more info: grfnojunkmail@yahoo.com

D

David Walters

Spinnakers and trailers

Neil, You will be challenged to find a 235 set up for spinnaker. You'd be better off with a Gennaker or code 0 IMO. The swept back spreaders really prevent any straight downwind runs, and you could probably get better performance wing and wing with the gennaker anyway. As far as trailers go, you might be in luck if you can get to Cleveland. Goto the link below to view the ad for a f235 trailer for sale. I don't know the condition, but it might fit the bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.