Exhaust Flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

dj2210

Feb 4, 2012
Catalina 30 Watts Bar
Happy New Years to All. We been out of town for a couple of weeks and haven't been able to post this. After repairing the leak on my exhaust manifold I seem to have alot better water flow coming out the exhaust. Other than disconnecting the raw water hose coming into the riser I haven't fooled with the raw water circuit. This is on a 1990 C30 with a M25XP diesel. The only thing I can think of some rubber impeller bits that got repositioned somewhere. What you think?
Doug
http://youtu.be/5wCo4kk29Ag

Oct 17, 2011
Ericson 29 Southport..
Doug, looks like good water to me. I'm not 100% sure of what the problem is per se, but if I looked back, that flow would alarm me none.
If any impeller vanes went in, typically they get no further than the heat exchanger. But again, there's nothing about that flow that would concern me.

Apr 1, 2012
Pearson 424 Charleston, SC
I've not seen that much coming out of mine but if your engine is at normal operating temps I can't imagine it's a bad thing.

Apr 5, 2010
Catalina 27- 1984 Grapevine
Question: Did you reconnect to a muffler, or leave it off the loop? My C27 without a muffler has great continuous waterflow, whereas through a muffler spurts and belches like everyone elses.

dj2210

Feb 4, 2012
Catalina 30 Watts Bar
It was put back just as original but with the exhaust leak fixed and it does goes to the original water lift muffler. I was just curious whether ya'll thought it was normal flow. Thanks for the responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.