Ever get the feeling of being left out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 4, 2004
Catalina 310 LaSalle, MI
I just recieved my Mainsheet for Feb '07, and, though I know it's not a BIG deal, I noticed no sections devoted to C-310...it goes from C-320 to C309. Everyone is so stoked about the new 309 that, I guess, the 310 got lost in the mix...I'd still take my 310 over the 309 for SEVERAL reasons. Oh well, we just got 6 inches of snow and it's colder than hell, so I'm a bit cranky this morning...

M

mortyd

i suggest you relax. we don't know about the 309 yet, but the 310, with it's purposeful limited appeal, is maybe the most successful catalina ever in terms of satisfaction and resale. the 309 was meant to replace the 30, not the 310. just look around and see how few 310's are for sale.

M

Me

Main Sheet

All the submissions of the mainsheet are volunteers. I am sure it just the person or people are busy with other things. To be up front I give them a lot of credit for the good work they do.

Nov 12, 2006
Catalina 36 Bainbridge Island
Mainsheet

The sections in the Mainsheet Magazine are associations formed by the owners of the specific sized boat. Your association editor is Jerry De Armond, 117 Goldfinch Dr., Hackeltstown, NJ 07840 (908-850-1335). Submit all articles for the 310 through him.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
There IS a C310 "section"

on page 43. It says: "No submission this issue." That means NONE OF YOU C310 OWNERS wrote anything for your association, so there was no content. Hard to complain about something if you don't participate. ALL, each and every word, of the Mainsheet is by volunteers, as "Me" stated. If you want something to be there, YOU have to be there to contribute. And, if you are already aware of that, then you have a simple choice...

T

Tom S.

Mortyd I think I know a few C36 owners that might

disagree with you a little bit ;) (and probably a few other Catalina Owners LOL) You said about the C310 "the most successful catalina ever in terms of satisfaction and resale" (replying from the Ice Storm Bound NorthEast)

M

mortyd

sam s, i love my mkii c30, and lots of others love their catalinas, but all i was trying to say is the 310 seems to be very hard to find in the used market, especially with any major depreciation. i know, i looked for 30's, 310's and 320's for over a year.

Jun 4, 2004
Catalina 310 LaSalle, MI
Hey Stu...

CHILL OUT...I've submitted two separate stories to Mainsheet that were never printed (and I really didn't expect them to be)...I DO participate so please save the preaching for someone else.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
chilled....

but why didn't you expect them to be published? FWIW, the articles need to be sent through the individual association editors, not directly to Mainsheet. It's my understanding that the editor of MS doesn't accept or print articles sent directly to MS.

T

Tom S

SailJunkie, that is interesting

I happen to be the C36 MKII Tech Editor and I am always looking for upgrades or technotes and info from my members to put into the Mainsheet Technotes section. We always get good submissions in. This is up to your C310 association to do. Your C310 tech editor is Bill Lewis wol1@yahoo.com. Why don't you email him and submit through him. You might also contact your commodore Mark Zabawa If you are talking about actual articles (Like cruising stories or the such) then I am not sure, but I bet if you contact Jim Holder directly you could get something in cv.jholder@mainsheet.net (Mainsheet Editor)

MarkZ

Nov 5, 2005
Hunter 49 Green Turtle Bay: Ky
Mainsheet articles...

SJ, I'm also surprised that your articles didn't get published in the Mainsheet. We desperately need articles for the 310. Bill Lewis and Jerry De Armond are continually soliciting owners for articles. As suggested earlier, you need to submit your articles to one of those two people. I really enjoy reading the adventures that the owners write about. You can get the email addresses for Bill and Jerry from the C310 website. I've included the link below. By the way, I'm not the commodore as Tom S mentioned, but I am the Sect/Treasurer. I think Bill and Jerry would appreciate any article that you can send.

Jun 4, 2004
Catalina 310 LaSalle, MI
The articles were not all that important...

Just a couple of stories about sailing my C-310 on Lake Erie...so, really, I have no issues about that. I was just a little surprised not see ANYTHING on the C-310 in Mainsheet. Again, not a big deal (and in retrospect, I probably should've just kept my mouth shut)...just wanted to liven up C-310 forum. I do enjoy and use the info in Mainsheet on other Catalina models so it isn't all a total loss.

MarkZ

Nov 5, 2005
Lit a fire under us...

I'm glad someone is inspiring this forum! It's usually a little too quiet around here. It doesn't matter that you article is not important. It's still fun for others to read. My friend Kevin wrote an article about us sailing my 310 on Ky lake and it was published in the May or August issue. I enjoy reading articles about other peoples sailing adventure. I wish you would send them to Jerry. I would rather see more articles about our boat/association too. But we can't expect just two people to write the info. Our association needs more help from the members with writing for Mainsheet.

Jun 4, 2004
Catalina 310 LaSalle, MI
Well, now that I have all the correct contact info

(my fault not yours MarkZ, Bill and Jerry)...I will see if I can dig up my stories. If not, I'll try to put something together after I splash the boat this spring (don't get too excited though... I'm not exactly Ernest Hemingway...in fact, you might think my stuff is total garbage). Thanks for all of the sprited responses! PS: Maybe it's just schoolboy jealousy over all of the 309 attention., OR maybe it's just too cold, snowy, and windy outside. I'll try to temper my crankiness in the future...

Jon W.

May 18, 2004
Catalina 310 C310 Seattle Wa
C310 Mainsheet Articles

Ya, I understood immediately why there was no content for C310's. I don't know what's with these C310 owners. The national association, judging by the Mainsheet, has never really took off. Must be a bunch of recluses. Well I'm guilty. I'm minimally active locally, but have never joined the national association. I guess between the local Yacht club (Sloop Tavern Yacht Club), PHRF-NW, and CAPS (Catalina Association of Puget Sound) I'm kind of up to my ears in dues. Question. Is it required that you be a national association member to submit material for the mainsheet?

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
You could buy my 310..

I happen to be selling my beautiful 310. She is totally loaded with every option including a furling main and clean, clean, clean! I'm OCD about boat maintenance. Mine is listed here on this site and on Yachtworld. It's the only 2005 listed in the North East. If you want to see pictures of my boat you can view them here: http://www.pbase.com/mainecruising/acoustic Or here on this site: http://www.sailboatowners.com/classified/ownerview.tpl?owno=11713276531155374&brsku=11713276531155374.2&fno=20&xs=All&l1=1&l2=65&p1=0&p2=1000000&ad=all&bd=Catalina&sb=placed&dr=de

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
The post below regarding my 310....

Was meant to include this quote. I was not jsut trying to solicit a sale but I can't edit my post for some strange reason??? Perhspd it was a cookie issue because my name populated but my avatar did not..? Quote: "sam s, i love my mkii c30, and lots of others love their catalinas, but all i was trying to say is the 310 seems to be very hard to find in the used market, especially with any major depreciation. i know, i looked for 30's, 310's and 320's for over a yea"

MarkZ

Nov 5, 2005
Non-member's articles...

Jon, As far as I know anyone can send in articles for the Mainsheet magazine. I would think that noone would object to a non-member sending in an article, especially when we're really desperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.