Ericson 27 water fill

Oct 28, 2021
Ericson 27 Bodega Bay, CA
I have owned my precious Ericson 27 for 10 years and thoroughly enjoyed sailing her. Since we use her only for day sails we have never had to fill the water tank and I don't know where the fresh water fill valve is located. She was built in 1974. Can anyone help me with this question? Many thanks, Guy.

Mar 6, 2008
Catalina 1999 C36 MKII #1787 Coyote Point Marina, CA.
I do not have this vessel, but I would think it would be on the deck and marked water. You would have to rotate the indented holes to open the cap.

Oct 28, 2021
I do not have this vessel, but I would think it would be on the deck and marked water. You would have to rotate the indented holes to open the cap.
Thanks. The only valve I can find on the deck is the head pump out.

Oct 28, 2021
Maybe this will help.
thanks so much Tim. I'm going to the boat tomorrow and will check it out with the plumbing diagram. Where on LI are you? I'm coming there on Sunday to move my mother-in-law into assisted living.
Thanks for the help,
Guy

Jan 7, 2014
Beneteau 45F5 51551 Port Jefferson
Guy, I'm in Port Jefferson. The boat is on the hard for the winter. I used to own an Ericson 32-3, great boat. I found the manual on the Ericson owners website. hopefully there's an inspection port on that tank. If not, you may want to install one. I see some nasty stuff in mine after one season. Who knows what's in that tank after so many years.

Oct 28, 2021
Guy, I'm in Port Jefferson. The boat is on the hard for the winter. I used to own an Ericson 32-3, great boat. I found the manual on the Ericson owners website. hopefully there's an inspection port on that tank. If not, you may want to install one. I see some nasty stuff in mine after one season. Who knows what's in that tank after so many years.
Tim, I found the fill from the manual which I needed to confirm the water tank. Thanks so much for sending it to me.