Epic Fail (Recovery)

Jun 4, 2004
Hunter 31 and 25 and fomerly 23.5 Stockton State Park Marina; MO
Nice work! Now you can sleep at night again.
Dennis

Jul 5, 2021
Hunter H22 Brainerd, MN
Hey, Granger, I have the same broken spreader bracket, and have the new one waiting for me to install. Do I need to slide it in place from one end of the mast or will it open up to go around the mast, right at the spreader location. Looks like cast aluminum to me and I I don't want to crack it by spreading it open to go around the mast. How did you install? TIA.

Oct 26, 2010
Hunter 40.5 Beaufort, SC
Oh sure he has. He’s read them 3 times at least. They do a good job of raising the battery so when he lifts it he does not hurt his back. They are sort of a medical device.
The Navy has changed a lot so this is not politcally correct now and I'm sure banned, but on Subs, we referred to them as "recognition manuals."

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Hey, Granger, I have the same broken spreader bracket, and have the new one waiting for me to install. Do I need to slide it in place from one end of the mast or will it open up to go around the mast, right at the spreader location. Looks like cast aluminum to me and I I don't want to crack it by spreading it open to go around the mast. How did you install? TIA.
It flexes enough to slip it on.