EPEVER Triron 30a Solar Charger with MT50 and Bluetooth Install

Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
My previous EPEVER charger took a dump after I screwed up on a battery polarity so I purchased another, newer version that supported bluetooth (3210N). I have a MT50 digital readout installed in my console (big hole) that is compatible with the newer controller but the bluetooth module (eBox-BLE-01) and MT50 utilize the same Rj45 port (only one). All of the literature says you can't use them together and I confirmed that once everything showed up. I even tried to use a electronic switch no bueno.

So I researched mechanical switches and found one for $15 on Amazon but it came in a large box (SB-034). I dissembled it and its just a large rotary switch with about 24 contacts going to a circuit board with three Rj45 ports. I took it apart, extended all the wires by about 10 inches enabling me to mount the switch into my control panel in my console while remotely monitoring the circuit board within the console away from all of the stuff.

Works like a charm, used it yesterday. switched one way I have bluetooth monitoring while outside of the cabin, When I'm in the cabin, I rotate the switch and my MT50 comes on and I have monitoring in the cabin. The bluetooth app isn't the greatest but it works

Cost me $25 for the bluetooth module, $15 for the switch. The ruggedness of the switch isn't great but I figured as a feasibility attempt, it will work until it breaks then I'll make another one.

In typical fashion I didn't take pictures but there isn't much to show. Figured I'd post it up so when someone else has the question "can I have both" they may come across it and same some search/research time.