entry hatch slider

Nov 1, 2014
H23.5 H23.5 Bradenton fl
954-568-2002 Cesany I bought a new lexan slider from Cesany Plastics in Oakland Park FL. Gave Alan the dimensions off the Hunter 23.5 and he offered different edge finish options after selecting the tint I wanted, I drilled the holes to match the teak handles. No more leaks!
Hey what was the dimensions of the slider hatch and was black smoke tint ??? Joe

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
I recently replaced a deck mounted fixed skylight on my boat. Ordered 1/4" cast acrylic from TAP plastics and received it in five days. They will cut to your rectangular / square dimensions; however, will not cut custom shapes. Very good service at reasonable prices. Arrived in a double wrapped corrugated package with no issues. As the shape of the skylight was arched, I used the old lens as a template and routed to the exact dimensions using a flush cut router bit and guide bearing. Then cut a bevel on the edge, using the router , to duplicate the previous lens. Using a router on cast acrylic produces a nice finish. The information that I obtained from Hatch Masters website, indicates that most manufacturers use cast acrylic, it is more UV resistant and doesn't get yellow as does lexan and is more scratch resistant. Also costs less. They mentioned that lexan is used on military jet canopies as well as some ships; however, they also mentioned that the military replaces these expensive items on a planned maintenance basis. You can enter your data on the TAP website and get a quote for the plastic and shipping.

Sep 24, 2018
O'Day 25 Chicago
I've also heard of shops turning the blades around on their table saws for better cuts. I haven't tried it but I'm guessing it would eliminate the possibility of chipping the edges

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I'm guessing it would eliminate the possibility of chipping the edges
Reduce not eliminate. Adds friction so you risk heat damage to the plastic.

There are also "fine tooth" blades, that help. They do become clogged so you have to take it slow and stop to remove the debris frequently.

Sep 24, 2018
O'Day 25 Chicago
Reduce not eliminate. Adds friction so you risk heat damage to the plastic.

There are also "fine tooth" blades, that help. They do become clogged so you have to take it slow and stop to remove the debris frequently.
I was told that the heat sort of allows the blade to melt its' way through. Going slow definitely helps. Does putting masking tape over the plexi help reduce chipping? I haven't seen much of a difference