Eno Stove Top

Jun 21, 2009
Catalina 30 Mk 1, #3335 Midland, Ontario
Ordered a new Eno 2 burner cook top and am wondering if anyone has pics showing a similar install on a Catalina 30. I took out the old alcohol gimballed stove and replaced it with a 12 volt fridge and want this cook top to sit atop the fridge. It is straightforward but I'm just looking for asthetic ideas to make it look more factory-ish.
Thanks

Sep 25, 2008
Catalina 30 Lake Murray Sailing Club
Ordered a new Eno 2 burner cook top and am wondering if anyone has pics showing a similar install on a Catalina 30. I took out the old alcohol gimballed stove and replaced it with a 12 volt fridge and want this cook top to sit atop the fridge. It is straightforward but I'm just looking for asthetic ideas to make it look more factory-ish.
Thanks

Norm,

Have you considered a local cabinet maker? I found one who cannot wait for my next projects as boats are a challenge to him because there are few similar corresponding angles on a boat. In the meantime, you can get card board and mock up the look you want. Try different configurations. It's easy and inexpensive.

As for pics and ideas, go to yachtworld.com. Use advance search and put in a range of years and cat 30. Review each photo gallery and I bet you will find many modifications to the galley. Right click on image and save the picture to a folder on your PC so you can easily refer back to the look you wish to achieve. Giving the cabinet maker visuals will go a long way to get exactly what you want.

Most cabinet makers do not work with teak. If you want teak, you may have to find it for him. He can easily get other woods. Might complain about how oily teak is!

One day I plan to move the cabinet drawers from the galley to under the nav station, and place refrigerator in opening created from drawer removal.

Hope these suggestions helps you figure things out. Advice --- go slow in your design process, the more you think about it, the better the results.

Jun 21, 2009
Catalina 30 Mk 1, #3335 Midland, Ontario
Good idea. Our local boat cabinet maker is a pirate who does spectacular work but charges buckets of money for it. An old-world guy that would make it look factory new...but out of my price range. Yachtworld, hadn't thought of that. Thanks