Enjoying my Capri 22

Jul 23, 2013
I got my boat at the beginning of the summer and thought I would finally share a pic and say hi. I have found a bunch of usefull info here. I am still trying to learn the boat and get it tuned so I can be a bit more competive on Wed. Night racing.

Attachments

May 23, 2007
Catalina Capri 22 Albany, Oregon
Lookin' good :D

Get those bumpers up on the rail though! :shock: :eek: :? :D :lol:

Ullman and North Sails both have good tuning guides, though I think they're both aimed at the standard rig.

shnool

Aug 10, 2012
WD Schock Wavelength 24 Wallenpaupack
Heck with the fenders, get the outboard out, and GO FASTER!

She's a pretty boat though!

Kunzig

Jul 3, 2013
Boy you will have to excuse the two senior members for busting your chops - Keep us up-to-date on your tuning etc. and enjoying your Wed night races.

Always good to have another voice on the forum - great rest of the season to you.

Have you got a name? A lot of CP22's up in NY!

Jul 23, 2013
LOL.... I figured I would get some comments about the fenders and the motor. It was a Sunday sail with non sailors and my 2 year old so I was busy with a few other things :D

I sail on Lake Ontario at Brockport Yacht Club. I bought the boat in Skaneateles NY, from what I was told I am the third owner and I think it had a name of lake effect at one time.

On the tuning side its taking me a bit longer than I hoped to get thing dialed in. I just can't seem to get the boat to sail to its PHRF rating, but I have been making chages and I think it's slowly getting better. It's a big change from the lightning I was racing. I am sure I will be asking questions here to figure things out.

shnool

Aug 10, 2012
WD Schock Wavelength 24 Wallenpaupack
Just tell everyone the only pictures they can get of you is sailing into the dock... otherwise they can't catch you! HA!

The mod 2 is a pretty boat.... regardless. Take 1 setting at a time and tweak it, take notes, and then apply them in groups to see how they interact. You'll get all the settings down pat before long (and something will then change)... The current sail inventory dictates the rig tune and settings that have the most effect... Example, my new loadpath sails don't react at all halyard tension. The old Dacron, that's a critical setting! Same goes for flattening reef (it doesn't even exist on my loadpath).

May 3, 2008
Catalina Capri 22 Half Moon Bay
Fenders over the side... "Malibu racing stripes"
Prop spinning in the water... "Hybrid regenerative braking"

:D