Engine mounts

Dec 8, 2013
Catalina 320 Vancouver
Anyone have any thoughts on replacing motor mounts ???
I have a Yanmar 30GM in a cat 320 . Yanmar mounts are going for about 250 a piece ..ouch...
Anyone heard of Dual-Flex mounts and have any feed back on them

Thanks

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
you need to shop some more they are cheaper prices out there and yes you need to stick with the yanmar mounts

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
Anyone have any thoughts on replacing motor mounts ???
I think it depends on what they look like as to whether they need replacement. I've got to think that a 1996 model, such as yours, is a little early to replace.

From what I've seen under our 2GM20F, diesel fuel leakage is the big killer. Had to replace the rear starboard mount in 2009 as I was unable to see a small fuel leak on to the mount. The surface rubber was starting to show early signs of deterioration, so out it went. The other three mounts could still pass for new today at 15 years old.

Sounds like you may have a bargain at $250/mount. Actually, I'd take it and then run like hell as it's probably HOT. I paid $278 back in 2009 and they gave me a defibrillator after taking my wallet :eek:.

Needless to say, the rear starboard mount now has a cover over it to protect from above accidental fuel leakage. The others are safe.

Attachments

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
Just curious Why is it important to stick with Yanmar oem parts?
In the case of engine mounts, they're probably designed specifically by Yanmar for the engine mass, weight distribution and a few other variables.

All the engine consumables such as belts, filters, oil, etc. are made by the big pros to do the same job as genuine, OEM, Yanmar parts. That's where Yanmar gets some of their consumable parts, but not all of them. Case in point is Yanmar belts. They're grossly over-priced crap. Gates belts wear much better for a fraction the price.

Dec 8, 2013
Catalina 320 Vancouver
Just reread your post... I think they should install defibrillator s at all marine supply locations ...errr
But. Was wondering what did you use to cover / protect your mount?
I think the previous owner thought he was doing a good thing by coating the metal portion of the mounts with some sort of oil product to protect it from Rust ....?