Engine Maintenance Schedule - where to find it?

AndyL

Jun 23, 2020
Hunter 36 Rock Hall
Hi All,

We bought a 2004 Hunter 36 last summer. I have the Hunter owners manual and the Yanmar Service manual that covers the 1GM10(C),2GM20(F)(C), 3GM30(F)(C),3HM35(F)(C).

Question:

I can't find any maintenance schedule for the engine. I was hoping to find something similar to a car's maintenance schedule, but based on engine hours or years. Does that exist and, if so, where would I find one for my 3GM30F.

Background:

I have almost 2000 hrs and my marina is asking whether I want to schedule the 2000 hour service. Before I talk to them about it, I would like to know if there is an official Yanmar list of what needs to be done.

Thanks,
Andy

Jun 8, 2004
Catalina 320 Dana Point
By the book a 2000 hr service would be a combination of the "Every 100, 250, 500 and 1000" hr recommended service and would be everything from soup to nuts. Drain fuel tank, head bolts, coolant change, injector pump check, etc. etc. etc. while no doubt it would all be on the bill maybe not everything is done or needed. I think it would be prudent for you to ask them to specify what their 2000 hr service consists of.

• Helpful

AndyL

Jun 23, 2020
Hunter 36 Rock Hall
By the book a 2000 hr service would be a combination of the "Every 100, 250, 500 and 1000" hr recommended service and would be everything from soup to nuts. Drain fuel tank, head bolts, coolant change, injector pump check, etc. etc. etc. while no doubt it would all be on the bill maybe not everything is done or needed. I think it would be prudent for you to ask them to specify what their 2000 hr service consists of.
Thanks.

Looking at the Operation Manual, it actually doesn't seem that much. A lot is normal stuff that's been done already. The injector checks and cylinder head stuff is not something I've got any experience with.

I don't see any schedule for all the hoses. The surveyor we used required hoses to be replaced as per their expected life, so I was hoping to see guidance on that. Oh well.

Time to speak with the marina tech.