Engine Cover Gelcoat Color

Apr 10, 2010
Catalina 310 166 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
I have the same issue and have used appliance porcelain touch up paint. It comes in white and almond. A couple of dabs with the almond colour and the dings are hardly noticed. Have received my admirals approval. I have a 310 hull 166.

Sep 29, 2008
Catalina 310 #185 Quantico
I did have some luck with a gelcoat tub repair kit I found at Home Depot that was a better color match that what they had at Catalina Direct. Unfortunately I cannot find it at Home Depot anymore so next time it is back to Catalina Direct.

rukidn

Apr 23, 2012
Catalina 310 258 Sandusky, OH
I've been patching several interior nicks and factory voids that broke through; including great success on the steps. The Catalina parts dept gelcoat was a very close match. Interior is easier since so much less sun aging. I bought unwaxed gelcoat. I used acetate sheets taped over the small repairs or sprayed PVA over when flashed. I'm also using the factory "Regular White" for a large number of small exterior repairs. By experiment, I found that the interior off white worked great added in small amounts to the exterior white to yellow/darken to match. Easier to blend in small batch amounts than solid pigments. For small nicks, the out of the can gelcoat was pretty close after polishing. A lot of trial and error to get a perfect match... I keep the gelcoat in the freezer to extend its' shelf life. /Ed