Engine control protector.

Jun 20, 2021
Beneteau 343 Fort Lauderdale
PXL_20210808_160437571.jpg
how does one find an acrylic protector for the engine control? 2005 Beneteau Oceanis. I could make one, of course, but seems like a reasonable thing to find.

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Suggest going to your local plastic retailer and purchase a custom cut 1/8" thick acrylic cover. I did that on all my sailboat cockpit engine ignition control consoles then covered with Sunbrella canvas.
1628538766884.png

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2018
O'Day 25 Chicago
I'd probably pop into a local plastic supply house or hardware store for a piece of plexi and then sand down the corners to match the radius

Jun 20, 2021
Beneteau 343 Fort Lauderdale
I'd probably pop into a local plastic supply house or hardware store for a piece of plexi and then sand down the corners to match the radius
Don't these usually come with a transparent hinge to lift the bottom section to get at the controls? I found a 36" hinge on amazon for $23, but I'll measure it up and head to the lowe's or home depot as they cut pieces there.

Looking around, I found a shop on the north side of town that does plexiglass. I'll see what they say.

Sep 24, 2018
O'Day 25 Chicago
Don't these usually come with a transparent hinge to lift the bottom section to get at the controls? I found a 36" hinge on amazon for $23, but I'll measure it up and head to the lowe's or home depot as they cut pieces there.

Looking around, I found a shop on the north side of town that does plexiglass. I'll see what they say.
I'm not really familiar with your engine or boat. I've seen Catalina's that do not hinge but I agree that it would be a convenient feature

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Tap Plastics can be your friend. Will even cut and shape the plastic to order (i.e. rounded corners or beveled). You can find a hinge or hinges from your chandler or on line. Beckson makes plastic hinges.

They do not need to be clear. Plastic would hold up to the salt water, but likely in time be degraded by UV.