Engine Control Panel Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 29, 2008
Catalina 310 #185 Quantico
These burn out. Not having the talent of a PaulJ to make my own, I found some on the Internet and bought them. The PC194 bulbs with the socket base sold for $0.69 each with shipping of $6.40. Considering my old Saturn had the 168 bulbs in the base and I paid nearly $8.00 each at the dealer I was quite pleased.

The place was BulbTown.com.

Jul 1, 2009
Catalina 310 Sydney-Pittwater
I did not realise that there is/was a light in that control panel. Probably because I have not used the boat at night. Where does it sit? Does it backlight automatically? It's not that funny little non-functioning light next to the 'blower'?
Same question for the Edson compass pedestal. I have not been able to detect any backlighting for that either.

Sep 29, 2008
Catalina 310 #185 Quantico
There is a light bulb for every instrument

In my case the light inside the tachometer burned out. When you open your console on the back of the tachometer is a round black cover. You pop that off and you can then see the bulb in it's mount. The other 4 instruments (oil pressure, temperature, voltage, and ...) have their bulbs out in the open.

Jul 1, 2009
Catalina 310 Sydney-Pittwater
Re: PaulJ Delivers

Thanks for your, as always, brilliant teamwork and info. Shall investigate further when I start on our bay’s night watch roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.