Engine base to hull

wilf

Jan 25, 2017
oday 25 oday 25 long beach
does this look like something has been cut off the front of this engune base or is it suposed to look like this

wilf

Jan 25, 2017
Sorry greg, I know it wouldn't load i have some pics of the boat i boughts engine base and wondered if its how it was originally, it looks like it may have been altered if you have the same boat could i email you them?

Jun 6, 2006
currently boatless wishing Harrington Harbor North, MD
Try the "upload a file" button below and to the right of the reply text box.

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
Sorry greg, I know it wouldn't load i have some pics of the boat i boughts engine base and wondered if its how it was originally, it looks like it may have been altered if you have the same boat could i email you them?
I just sent you a PM.

Greg

wilf

Jan 25, 2017
Heres a video that shows the engine support floor etc in my boat, can anyone confirm if their 322. is the same?

Jan 7, 2011
Hey Wilf,

I got out to the boat today and took some video of the engine pan and motor mounts. My engine pan looks very similar to yours (I never looked at it from down low in the front before).....it sits on the hull, but appears to be bed in some sort of hard (now) material. Looks like it was placed on a cushion of epoxy or something, pushed down and left to harden. I will need to do more investigation to see if there is anything else holding the pan in place. Since the engine appears to mount to the pan, I hope there is something securing the pan.

Anyway, look at the video, and it looks very similar to yours. Those thin wings on the pan appear to be stock. Mine has them too.

Greg

wilf

Jan 25, 2017
Thanks again Greg, the fiberglass pan on mine is sitting straight on top of the hull, i would be happier if there was something under mine like whatever the green material is on yours must give it a bit more cushioning?

Jan 7, 2011
The green stuff is hard, but I assume it isolates and cushions things a bit. It is odd that my engine must be sitting an inch higher than yours. I wonder what the differences in shaft angle, etc are.

On edit....I guess you don't have the same model boat. I thought you had a 322.

Greg

wilf

Jan 25, 2017
Yes Greg, i have the 322 same as yours, another 322 owner is going to check if his has the same stuff as yours under it, i will let you know, i dont know if it matters if anythings under it as i assume the mounts are supposed to take the vibration but if there was some type of rubber material under the pan it could help ?

Jan 7, 2011
Ok. Let me know what you find out from the other 322 owner. Really curious now!

Greg

Dec 28, 2015
O'DAY 322 Bridgeport CT
I have a 1988 322 with the same engine pan as the video. It looks like its glassed to the hull at the saft end and epoxied at the front side. I have been struggling to get the munge out of there as a winter project.

Aug 12, 2016
O'Day 322 Seattle, WA
Ok, finally got to the boat and took a short video of the engine pan (apologies for the quality). It appears I do not have the rigid foam under the pan, or if I do, it's near the middle where I cannot see. It looks like it's just floating... There is, however, that foam stuff under the stringers where the vibration mounts are. Incidentally, I also have some of that foam up around the forward bulkhead that I show in the video. Looks a little sloppy there; maybe I should glass that in. Mine is an '89.

Nov 3, 2010
Oday 39 Lake mills WI
I noticed that my engine pan/mounting sounded very loud when I rapped on it. Could not be much better of a sound board. I added foam to fill in the areas. Sounds better but of course still rather loud.