Email notifications are not working

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Hello
I’m having trouble with e-mail notifications. I tried from my phone and from my laptop.

when I click the link I get
E7BD0B4A-328B-41EC-B89B-DCF24C57472F.png

thnx

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Are you getting notification but when you click on the link you get that error? Or are not receiving notification at all?

I have had that issue also and resolved it, but sorry, I cannot remember exactly what I did. But it was associated with my browser. I am using Firefox but you are using Safari. Let me see if I can dig a little deeper in the matter.

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
OK... i looked and found my issue. It was a redirect issue for me when I clicked on the link. I found it to be on of my add-ons called UBlock Origin. This is a script blocker and one of the filters was doing the blocking. Do a copy of the link and paste it into your browser. See if that works. If it does, then there is something in your browser that is blocking the link.

Jan 19, 2010
That did not work.

I have the ugly email add-on. It is a gmail add-on that blocks people from tracking your internet activity... but I've had it for over a month. This just started last night.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Yeah, it was on our end and it should be resolved this morning. Did you get an email today with a bad link?

Jan 19, 2010
The last few I checked are working now.

Thanks,

r

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Sorry for the problem, I changed a setting yesterday and apparently it's not compatible with everyone's email. It was switched back last night.

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
Phil, here's a new one. I sometimes surf the site on my phone (Android). I have an icon that takes me to a list of threads with unread posts, just like the bookmark on my computer. That list of threads is usually between one and three pages long, depending on how long it has been since I last looked at the site. Last night on my phone, that icon took me a different page, I think labeled "recent activity". That list of threads was very long, maybe 15 pages, and was notable for its lack of a "Mark as Read" button for each thread.

I have not changed anything on my phone. Has something changed at the site? By contrast, there was no difference this morning when I used my computer to check the site - I was directed to a 3-page list of unread posts.

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
Phil, here's a new one. I sometimes surf the site on my phone (Android). I have an icon that takes me to a list of threads with unread posts, just like the bookmark on my computer. That list of threads is usually between one and three pages long, depending on how long it has been since I last looked at the site. Last night on my phone, that icon took me a different page, I think labeled "recent activity". That list of threads was very long, maybe 15 pages, and was notable for its lack of a "Mark as Read" button for each thread.

I have not changed anything on my phone. Has something changed at the site? By contrast, there was no difference this morning when I used my computer to check the site - I was directed to a 3-page list of unread posts.
Check on your phone and confirm that you’re still logged in. If you view that unread list without being logged in it will look just as you describe - no “Mark as Read” option, and 15 pages long.