Ellen Bay, Prevost Island

Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
It’s a long weekend here so you would expect the anchorage to be full.B655E0B8-A0D7-402B-8521-B87F9EF8B3A4.jpeg
Exploring by kayak and took a look back at the crowds.
C9A337DF-C2BB-4ED8-9902-B75DF9FDAE10.jpeg Again , we are the only two boats here. Solitude so close to home.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
That ain't Long Island.
Must be outside USA since I'm not aware of a holiday weekend in the U.S. this weekend. But I've missed a lot in recent months.
A little solitude is nice. Too much solitude is "WTF are we doing out here."

Jan 5, 2017
That ain't Long Island.
You’re right about that! Prevost Island is part of the Canadian Gulf Islands in the Pacific North West.
First weekend in August is a long one for us.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
No southeasteries either makes it very nice. How are the ferry wakes in there?

Jan 5, 2017
No southeasteries either makes it very nice. How are the ferry wakes in there?
Not too bad Stu , depending on what part of the bay you’re in. Those ferry guys go home before bedtime anyway.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Just bummin around the islands, here. Several very good sails, too. Have not seen over eight knots pushing nine under sail in awhile crossing Rosario Strait. That helps when wind conditions at other times delivers maybe 1.5 knots. One thing for sure it seems southerlies are more prevalent this year, whatever that means.

Under sail in the ditch last week looking for any remnants of the White Pelicans that were here earlier in the month. Spotted three way over in the shallows of Padilla Bay. Then dropping down in front of me was a huge flock of birds. At first I thought they were snow geese, but way too early for their migration appearance. No, it was a very large (maybe 3-400) White Pelicans landing on the west spit of the ditch. In past years there might be 30 to 60 nesting over on the spit, but this large of a number was totally unexpected. Managed to capture a video clip of them just to show others that my marbles were still intact.

Jan 5, 2017
On the North side of Montague tonight. Lots of company here and the inner harbour is full.B216A269-1669-46B6-9687-120AD60DFCA8.jpegEB879591-FBEC-4B93-87FE-8F14F741E238.jpeg

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
The Boarder control folks are still in the talking mood. Keeping all the waters and beer up there for Canadians.

Oh well. I got a bit more work to do. Perhaps I'll get to it by the time the talking is done.

Just got a message from Waggoner's, they want info about the Canadian ports. Another good reason for me to bust across the border.

Those CG patrol boats still carrying the 50 cal's on the bow?

Jan 5, 2017
Those CG patrol boats still carrying the 50 cal's on the bow?
I know your guys have guns. Don’t know that ours do, I’ve never seen any signs of one on our cutters. Not sure which side is talking about going on strike. If they do what’s to stop your journey?

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I’ve never seen any signs of one on our cutters
If they don't have guns on your ships, what is with this MILITARY EXERCISE AREA WG (NORTH OF NANAIMO) ? Is it for sling shots?

Canada's First Arctic and Offshore Patrol Ship Assembled
patrol boat

Published Dec 9, 2017 5:56 PM by The Maritime Executive
Features

• Modern integrated bridge.
• BAE Mk 38 remote controlled 25 mm gun.

Granted I have not seen this one buzzing around Vancouver Island. Looks pretty sweet. And only launched in 2017...

Jan 5, 2017
MILITARY EXERCISE AREA WG (NORTH OF NANAIMO) ?
That’s a joint USN and RCN torpedo range and as we don’t have a working submarine it’s mostly you guys that use it. It’s been open most of this year because the border is closed.