Electronics O'day 22

May 31, 2023
O'Day Daysailer 3 Richmond, VA
There are wires running everywhere on this O'DAY 22. I'm probably going to have to run new wires for everything. Tranducer, gps, interior lighting. Forward and aft safety lighting. Plus add a bilge pump. Is there a schematic for the wiring available? Any advice?

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
There are wires running everywhere on this O'DAY 22. I'm probably going to have to run new wires for everything. Tranducer, gps, interior lighting. Forward and aft safety lighting. Plus add a bilge pump. Is there a schematic for the wiring available? Any advice?

Make a list of the electrical devices you want to install. From that list you can draw your own schematic. That's the easy part. The more challenging part is figuring out how to physically run the wires and where to place the breaker panel and the various devices.

If you are going to add instruments, you will have 2 separate but connected networks, an NMEA 2000 data network and a 12v DC network. The NMEA 2000 network will need to be powered in order for the instrument displays and the sensors.

Spend some time learning about DC wiring before diving into actually doing the wiring. And pay particular attention to power consumption, battery type and size, and charging. It is easy to design a cool system only to have it drain your battery in no time. And don't rely on the outboard to provide much if any electrical power. The rectifier on an OB has a very low output that is good for navigation lights and that's about it.

Sep 24, 2018
O'Day 25 Chicago
It should be wired for interior and nav lights. I'm guessing the rest of the wiring was added by a previous owner. Use the lighting wiring if it's in good shape as it's embedded in the fiberglass. Transducer wiring will come with a new transducer