Electronics and Hatches

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Martin Bosman

Dear Reader, I'm in the possesion of an O'Day 37 CC,year '78. I bought it just a couple of month ago in Greece. I'm having a problem with the windspeed and direction indicator. ( Datamarine LX 360 ) Is there anybody who can tell me if there are still parts available for this unit? I need a new mast unit,complete. Another problem is the saloon hatch. I looked at the BOMAR site, but can't find the right size. Hatch opening 44,5 cm x 36,5 cm, the deck opening is 43,5 x 36 cm's. Thanks to everybody who can give me a hint. Regards Martin Bosman e-mail. martin.bosman@selfkant-net.de

J

Justin - O'day Owners' Web

Datamarine

Datamarine is still around although it looks like that model may have been discontinued. There are two Datamarine retailers in Greece, 185 45 PIRAEUS GENERAL ELECTRONIC REPAIR THERMOPILON 53, 30-1-4614246 +301-461-4749 Fax PIRAEUS SELMAR ELECTRONICS S.A. 14 GIAN TZELEPI STR. 011-301-4119521 011-301-4119588 Fax Justin - O'day Owner's Web

M

Martin Bosman

Datamarine

Thanks Justin for your response. There is only a little problem. I don't think those companies are still in business, No answer on either telephone and fax. Is there a chance you have a contact point somewhere else in Europe of in the worst case the US?

C

Chris Coutu

They are still in business

They are still there! DMI marine 18 Commerce Park Road Pocasset, MA 02559 508-564-7491 508-564-7497 fax They have a rebuild kit available for the wind speed sensor. I performed this rebuild last spring and it worked great! Give em a call. Its a hell of alot cheaper than buying a new system, and rewiring. Chris

M

M. G.

Out of business

I have Datamarine depth and speedlog instruments on my O'day 28. Recently I cracked one of the white plastic covers which cover the round pedistal pod mounted read-outs. I went out on the internet and started looking for chandleries which indicated that they carry datamarine inventories. I found one in Mt. Clemens MI. The name escapes me but if you look on the internet you will be sure to find one which carries a rebuild kit for the instrument you want to rebuild. Good luck

C

Chris Coutu

Yes they are in business!!

DMI (DATA MARINE INDUSTRIES) I just got off the phone with them. Oh, they also have the round covers that you are looking for. See my pervious post for their phone # and fax. Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.