Electrical box all-in-one for beneteau oceanics and Zinc Isolator

Nov 28, 2019
Beneteau 323 Oceanics Clipper Ishoj
Hi all,
This question is about the electrical box to connect the boat to shore.
The box is from "All-in-one Power First" but I cannot find any information/manual for this box.
Do you guys have any kind of manual or something, or do you have the same box in your beneteaus? my boat is from 2006.

I am trying to figure out If I should install a galvanic isolator to reduce the galvanic corrosion when connected to shore...but perhaps this box already have that function?
I just beleive the only anodo in my boat is a small ring at the shaft between the cutlass bearing and the prop and it does not seem to be very correded in 6 month of sailing season of the previous owner. I will attach a photo next time I go to the boat.

Attachments

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
I did not specifically see an isolation transformer or galvanic isolator in the attached 323 manual assuming that is typical. My former Hunter 386 had and current Hunter 46 has an isolation transformer between the shore power connection and main distribution panel and inverter / battery charger (schematic below). I replaced the Hunter 386 isolation transformer in the aft cabin with a galvanic isolator to eliminate the transformer's small buz which interrupted my wife's sleep. They are lower cost, lighter and smaller than an isolation transformer.

1575818143571.png

You might the articles in the following links useful:
galvanic isolator vs. Isolation transformer: Galvanic Isolator or Isolating Transformer, which is best and why?
interesting article on galvanic isolators: Galvanic Isolators Explained

Attachments

Nov 28, 2019
Beneteau 323 Oceanics Clipper Ishoj
Hi, thank you very much for the information and links. Very useful