Electric Head

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom LaRocco

Peggy; I am being heavily "petitioned" by my wife to replace the manual Jabsco toilet on our 98 H376 with an electric model. My concern is dependablity, since our 376 has only a single head, failure of an electric toilet could be, at the least, troublesome. Do you know any electric models that feature a manual operational mode which could be used in an emergency? Tom LaRocco P.S Love KO,CP,and CB, great products.

P

Peggie Hall/Head Mistress

You could an an electric "conversion kit" but...

IMHO, adding an electric motor to any manual head turns a perfectly satisfactory manual toilet into a hightly UNsatisfactory electric toilet...and toilets that are built to BE electric toilets don't offer manual alternatives. They also draw anywhere from 20-30 amps per flush. However, most of 'em are very reliable...failures are rare, so I don't think you have too much to worry about. However, you may want to nip this idea in the bud before your wife decides the boat needs electric winches too! :) Glad you like our products!

D

Dale Borts

Raritan PH-IIE

The Raritan PH-IIE will convert to a PHII by simply removeing one bolt. I have never had to do this yet and we live aboard as much as two weeks at a time. I had a jabsco electric macerator conversion that was nothing but problems due to impellers swelling. The Raritan has been far superior, but you must install the solenoid as the instruction manual indicates.

Status
Not open for further replies.