Elbow for 1-1/2” Trident 147 hose

Nov 16, 2012
Catalina 310, 2000, #31 31 Santa Cruz
I replaced the manual bilge pump hose in our boat with 1-1/2”ID Trident 147. It was a real battle getting it through several very tight spots, and I wasn’t able to run it directly into the bilge, but will need to use an elbow to get there. Problem is that it’s impossible to get it over the ridges on the PVC elbow I’ve got. I was able to get it to slip over the Whale pump fittings, and the mushroom vent fitting, but those were all smooth connections. Is there an elbow out there that has smooth connections? I haven’t been able to find one yet. There’s a Whale EB3488 elbow I found, but the picture looks like only one end is smooth. I’m working on sanding down the ridges on the PVC, but it’s pretty slow going.

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 34 Alameda CA
I just spent the weekend doing the same task with my head hoses. Gray PVC fittings were so tight that it took heat, detergent and a tailpipe expander from Harbor Freight. Then I found the white nylon elbows at West Marine. They're smaller and fit.

Nov 16, 2012
Catalina 310, 2000, #31 31 Santa Cruz
I just spent the weekend doing the same task with my head hoses. Gray PVC fittings were so tight that it took heat, detergent and a tailpipe expander from Harbor Freight. Then I found the white nylon elbows at West Marine. They're smaller and fit.
Thanks. My local WMP has them in stock, so I'll give one a try.