Edson Pedestal Clamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 31, 2007
Hunter 37 cutter Blind River
Recently had a machine screw fall out of my pedestal (1981), the upshot being that now my shifter and throttle levers move up and down with the wheel turning and one needs to hold one lever in position to adjust the other, or the two just move together. So far, just an inconvenience but it is rather difficult sometimes finding reverse and gets dangerous when the rpm's rise dramatically when the wheel is turned. Obviously, the errant screw held in place the clamp that binds the two morse cables into position but I can see no threaded receptacle for the screw to mate with in the clamp. Could a piece have broken from the clamp? Could there have been a bracket that held the clamp? Anyone know the part number of the clamp if I need one? I have seen other Edson systems that use a stud and acorn nut to secure the clamp to the pedestal wall but mine was clearly done with a machine screw.
Any info on this subject and best method of approach is greatly appreciated.

Jun 8, 2004
C&C Frigate 36 St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia
My boat has the stud and acorn nut for the cable holder. The only info I could find on the Edson site is here and the cable holder piece is on pages 4 & 5. There are also some part numbers on page 2.

May 31, 2007
Hunter 37 cutter Blind River
Got a nice response from the people at Edson who sent diagrams and instructions. Once the offending part was removed for better inspection, the whole thing went back together quite nicely. Thanks, Jim, for your response.

Status
Not open for further replies.