East coast Nor’easter this weekend.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
Not a Hurricane - yes. Itty bitty - probably not. I'm as wary of a spring Nor'easter as I am of a Hurricane. Nor'easters can last days. Hurricanes pass through pretty fast at this latitude. SS Sandy was a Nor'easter not a hurricane at this latitude.

Nov 9, 2008
Pearson-O'Day 290 Portland Maine
This means that we are ready for the season that follows Winter . It's named Road Repair. After that, comes summer, which is the first two weeks of August. Then we slide into the last season before Winter; Haul Out.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
On our mountain top last night and did not tell my wife but we had gusts well over 60 but no beer or wine. Daylight and less windy she is going out to get some for later today or tonight. Hope all of you are ok and God Bless.

May 25, 2012
john alden caravelle 42 sturgeon bay, wis
storm came through here yesterday. just now looking out by my bird feeders i saw a robin. first robin sighting of this year. it gave me hope

nat55

Feb 11, 2017
Gulfstar 1979 Gulfstar 37 BELFAST
Does that have anything to do with why Maine is called 'Vacationland' or is that just wishful thinking made up by people with a cellar full?

-Will (Dragonfly)
Will, vacationland is no longer the state of Maine motto, was a time though when that was what it was all about.....New and improved motto.....though you probably know that.
By the way when I went to lunch a bit ago the sun was struggling to come out. No rain here and actually kinda nice..sorry for everyone else down south.

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
Nice foul weather gear! The wife just informed me that she didn't have any white wine...... Off to the liquor store. :)
I thought you were supposed to serve red wine with snow.

Jul 29, 2017
Catalina 380 Los Angeles
it raining here in SoCalifornia (land of the wacko kids) but expecting to work on the boat this weekend. Enjoy the snaow. No need to panic ...spring is just around the corner...(how I hated when I used to get told that as I was getting gas for the snowblower and hoping my boots made it through one more storm.)

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
You guys down south are missing all the fun! More snow yet to come. QUOTE]

Ya missed a spot!
I'll get it tomorrow after the next 6 inches fall. :(

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I have nightmares of Nor’easters from years gone by. I feel for you guys. Find shelter and cuddle.
Almost as bad when the ‘gales of November ‘ blew in of Lake Michigan.
Here the sky’s are clearing. The sun is lifting above the horizon and we are starting our two day trip back to home port.
Stay warm.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
It wasn't that bad here. Steady winds probably never over thirty. Some impressive gusts - house shaking at times. My grill blew across the deck. No snow. Some rain. Took a tour at high tide. There was some flooding but the usual places. The Sound may have claimed a few homes as her tribute. The sun is just coming out. Now it will blow from the NW and move all that water out of the bays.

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
Northern Chesapeake didn't have much precipitation, but did have sustained winds in the 40s with many gusts into the 60s. Trees and power lines down everywhere. Bridges over the Susquehanna were closed for many hours, turning yesterday's evening commute into a parking lot. Freight cars were blown off the railroad bridge. Going to check on the boat this afternoon, fully expecting to see the cover trashed.

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
I will send pictures instead.
Weather is great here, but winds are 20+knots. Wind chill is high until tomorrow. Since the Admiral doesn't like to sail like "the mummy" we will wait a bit for tomorrow.
We are going to stay on boat overnight.

But to you NorEasters I saw this Picture of Ashley James proving me wrong about bikinis and weather.
SpringTime.jpeg
When I am wrong I say I was wrong!:liar:
Jim...

PS: The caption is mine.