Eagle Harbor Today

Jan 30, 2012
Nor'Sea 27 "Kiwanda" Portland/ Anacortes
First time here after some seasons touring around the San Juans. Special thanks to Terry and Mark for mentioning this very good place

Charles

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2011
S2 11.0A Anacortes, WA
DNR has free buoys but watch depths vs tide. Cannot use the most innermost buoys in the bay..

May 7, 2012
Hunter e33 Maple Bay, BC
DNR has free buoys but watch depths vs tide. Cannot use the most innermost buoys in the bay..
Sailed into and out of Eagle Harbor for that very reason. Don't discount Pelican Beach with the right wind. We stayed a couple of days back in April. Great hiking. We hold a WA State Marine Park Permit but did not need it here. Thank you DNR.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
First time here after some seasons touring around the San Juans.
Hi Charles, so nice that you and your wife stopped by to say hello. Wished we could have spent more time visiting. Spent some number of years sailing by Eagle Harbor, but never stopping, until one day gave it a try. Now my most favorite stop. Only one of the mooring balls does not have enough water for a sail boat and it has a red tag warning. All the others do. The one that I was on, which is the one furtherest towards the head is pretty thin at zero tide. When I left the next day at low water (-2.3') I was in the mud and very slow to move. My draft is five feet.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Sailed into and out of Eagle Harbor for that very reason. Don't discount Pelican Beach with the right wind. We stayed a couple of days back in April. Great hiking. We hold a WA State Marine Park Permit but did not need it here. Thank you DNR.
Hi Len, ditto Pelican Beach. The only draw back is the exposure to summer traffic wakes. Always a nuisance. Evenings quite nice when traffic quiets down with the smell of campfire smoke in the air. Wonderful hiking trails.