DX Cup

Dec 7, 2018
C&C 27 Mk V Vancouver
Anyone using these for genoa sheets? How they grip on winchs (Anderson), wear etc......?

Last edited:

FDL S2

Jun 29, 2014
S2 7.3 Fond du Lac
I replaced my jib sheets with Marlow D2 Club lines last summer. The dyneema core is sk75 vs sk78 in the dx cup lines. From the description of DX Cup the outer covers seems similar. After some googling, it looks like sk78 has less elongation than sk75. So I’m guessing they are similar.
The d2 club is a little slippery and stiff at first, but after some use got softer and has held well in my Lewmar self tailing winches but I always have to have at least 3 wraps. My old sheets - I don’t know what brand they are, but the cover is very soft and easy on hands - would hold with 2 wraps.
No visible wear on D2 Club after a half season (20-25 outings including races) of use with hank on sails.

Dec 7, 2018
C&C 27 Mk V Vancouver
^^Thanks for that^^
$2 hun a side w/splice......hmmmm

This is cheaper....
But they don't do covered splice.

Last edited:

FDL S2

Jun 29, 2014
S2 7.3 Fond du Lac
For my jib sheets it was a toss up between the S Cup from Mauri pro and D2 Club from Vela. I remember they were very similar, I went with D2 Club but don’t remember the reason.
What is the reason for splices in Genoa sheets?

Sep 15, 2016
Catalina 22 Minnesota
I replaced my Jib sheets with these a couple seasons back and love them. No stretch in the line and an SK78 dyneema core. Like @Drinky Crow suggested I used soft shackles to attach them to the jib and I did my own eye splices so I would have no knots to catch on the stays. Its actually really easy to splice the dyneema and cover when compared to standard braded line.

Picked mine up at WM during their spring line sale.