ducting for 411 HVAC

Apr 27, 2011
S2 9.2A Newport News, VA
I've looked at a ton of 411s and have narrowed my search to two boats. One does not have HVAC, and it is, as a result, considerably cheaper. Being in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, I prefer to have air (and heat in the winter, since I tend to use the boat year round). I've done an HVAC install on my 30 foot S2, so I have some experience with DIY, but getting air to all the compartments on the 411 seems daunting. I don't think I'd be happy with just a single supply vent in the salon.

If someone would give me a run down of how the factory ducting runs from the unit(s), that would go a long way in helping me determine if this is something I want to tackle. This would be for the two-cabin layout. Thanks.

John in Newport News, VA

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
how the factory ducting runs from the unit(s)
Suggest you consult with the ex-Hunter design engineer on this site and/or look at the 411's that have an AC. I am planning to install a diesel heater in the aft port lazarette with ducting to the main cabin.

Apr 27, 2011
S2 9.2A Newport News, VA
Thanks. The boat's being surveyed this week. I'll try to peek at another one with AC if I get a chance. The owner's manual gives you schematics for just about everything but HVAC.