DS windows re-seal help needed

Jun 29, 2009
Hunter 45 DS Barrington, RI
Need advice. The wrap-around windshield on our 09H45DS is separating from the cabin side window opening. It is secured with a few screws but relies primarily on the bedding compound to hold in place. The bedding compound is releasing form the curved plexiglass on the port side. I can almost slide a finger in between the plexiglass and the cutout in the cabin side. Any tips on how to remove, clean, and reseal?

Jul 6, 2017
Hunter H 41DS Hampton, VA
Need advice. The wrap-around windshield on our 09H45DS is separating from the cabin side window opening. It is secured with a few screws but relies primarily on the bedding compound to hold in place. The bedding compound is releasing form the curved plexiglass on the port side. I can almost slide a finger in between the plexiglass and the cutout in the cabin side. Any tips on how to remove, clean, and reseal?
Dow 795

May 4, 2012
Hunter 45DS Toronto
I have the same boat with the same issue. i used the dow 795 as above, sealed great but it expands like insulation foam so don’t over due it. I loosened the screws, put some in a West System syringe and squirted it into the space between the glass and old sealant then screwed it tight.

On the vertical spaces between the windshield pieces I dug out the old seal and and put a bead of new sealant.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2009
Hunter 49 toronto
I would do the job properly, which means removing the window, and doing a total re-seal.
If you shoot in 795, it won’t adhere to the plexi without it being lightly sanded (in the bedding area), and thoroughly cleaned.
I posted an article on how to easilly remove the windshields without cracking, etc.
Good luck

Jul 6, 2017
Hunter H 41DS Hampton, VA
You must remove the windows and start from the beginning. The key to using silicone is not to let it squeeze out leaving only a very thin layer. It will fail. Silicone doesn't stick to much of anything. It works based on a certain amount of compression, just like a gasket. I have used very small pieces of self adhered .040 material between the plexi and frame in the past on my H36 windows. The .040 material acts like a shim to prevent the 795 from squeezing out and keeps enough of it in the joint. don't fully tighten any screws until the silicone has cured.