Droping a Mooring in Anchorage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 9, 2005
Beneteau 373 Baltimore
Hello, I am considering dropping my own mooring in an designated special ancorage covered under USCG 110.74a and 110.1. Does anyone know who to talk to about the correct kind of mooring to drop in and if I need to register it or anything with the USCG? Thanks, Nathan

Dec 1, 1999
Hunter 28.5 Chesapeake Bay
Moorings

There is some interesting info re mooring types and sizes on the link below. Not sure about who you may need to talk to about dropping a mooring in FL but I would suggest starting by contacting your local marine police or division of natural resources. They can probably give you the contact info you may need to follow.

Dec 1, 1999
Moorings

There is some interesting and useful info regarding types and sizes of moorings at the link below. Not sure about who to contact in FL regarding dropping a mooring, but suggest contacting your local marine police or division of natural resources who may be able to point you in the right direction. Given the weather history of FL of late, it would seem that you don't want to economize on whateve mooring you select.

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Islander/Wayfairer 30 sail number 25 Perryville,Md.
Based on those recomended sizes

you will have to hire someone with a barge to set your mooring. It won't be something you can kick off the foredeck of a thirty footer. ;)

Dec 1, 1999
Ross, you

... got that right, bro! Don't wanna confuse dropping a mooring with dropping an anchor.

May 11, 2005
Seidelman S37 Slidell, La.
Hey Moonraker

I am very close to purchasing a Seidelman 37. Do you have any pro's or con's concerning these boats. There were not many made, and kind of hard to find info. on them. The boat is in New Jersey and I am in New Orleans, so any info before I head up that way would be greatly appreciated. THANKS FOR ANY AND ALL Phil Prater aka nice n easy

Status
Not open for further replies.