Dream Cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 26, 2007
- - Horton Bay, MI
We're Pearson owners, so I know we don't race too much! Okay, the 30 is very sleek, but most Pearson's are tug boats built to be comfortable and handle weather... at least my 303 is, that's why I bought her! After my H-26, all it took was one very hard gust during the test sail, with practically no heel, for the Admiral to smile. You know when you know you've made it through every test? That was mine... :) Anyway, I think a lot of us dream about cruising - maybe big, maybe not so much... What's your dream cruise? Take away work, responsibilities and life in general... where would you go, and why? My dream is to sail the Great Lakes, starting with Lake Michigan. The first summer I'd start in Charlevoix (where my boat is), head to Leland, then south down to Holland, over to Chicago, up to Door County, around the bend to Escanaba or Fayette, then over to the Mackinac Bridge and Mackinac Island, then back around the mitt to home. Okay, so that's a bit into Huron... :) And of course I left a LOT of potential stops and gunk holes off - and that's where I'd thrive -- off the 'grid' so to speak... One only has to read "The Living Great Lakes" to get the itch. Granted, I've lived around this water most of my life, but I'd just love to explore it all. While the Carribean or the South Pacific sounds nice, I'd like to meet people here, and enjoy what we have... How about you? If there were NO restrictions on time, money, life... where would you sail and why? Dave Crowley s/v Wind Dreamer II P303

shorty

Apr 14, 2005
Pearson P34 Mt Desert, ME
Nova Scotia & PEI

Current dream is up the east coast of Nova Scotia, around Bras D'Or Lakes, around PEI & home. Hope to do it summer 2009. We'll see. I would like to head south for the winter sometime also. Cross the pond? Not sure. That would also require a different boat.

Jun 2, 2007
Beneteau First 375 Slidell, LA
One of these days

When I retire, hopefully before too long, I would like to take off from my home port of Slidell, LA (near New Orleans) and cruise along the Gulf coast. I would plan on hitting the Mississippi barrier islands, which few people realize are such an unspoiled paradise, then continue on across Mobile Bay to Wolf Bay in Alabama. From there, Big Lagoon in Florida, then on to Pensacola, Fort Walton, and Panama City. It gets a little hazy from there, but I would like to stop by Cedar Key and Tarpon Springs on the way down to Casey Key and Fort Meyers. If we hadn't gotten a divorce by then, we would probably end up in Key West. I would be perfectly satisfied making it that far and heading back, but who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.