Drawers in the galley

Feb 21, 2010
Beneteau 31 016 St-Lawrence river
There were no drawers in the galley of my B-31 untill a "friend" said "you could put a pair of drawers right there". He said this in front of the admiral of course.
So after taking all sorts of measurements over the winter and having a competent cabinet-maker have a go here they are.image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Dec 28, 2010
Catalina 380 san pedro
Awesome! Great job and an inspiration to those of us with less than cabinet maker skills.:dancing:

Apr 16, 2016
Beneteau Oceanis 321 Campbell River
Well done! It's amazing what the brainy people can do with their boats while, I on the other hand, have expertise with my credit card.. :-(

Feb 21, 2010
I drew the plans, measured everything and then, like you, I used my credit card (check book actually but it's the same).
I'm not proficient enough in woodworking to execute such a project.
I can enjoy it once done!
Pierre

Johnb

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 37-cutter Richmond CA
I am planning something similar - can you give some details of what rails etc you have in there?

Feb 21, 2010
I'll be going back to the boat on thursday. I can post some pics of the drawers taken out of the cabinet and of the rails without the drawers. They are the type that hold the drawer in place when closed and have a brake on them so the drawer doesn't slam shut. The drawers are "fore and aft" and won't open when heeled over to one side.

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Really nice installation. I want to install something similar on my 343 that doesn't have a utensil drawer. Thinking about installing a cabinet & drawer under the chart table, where there is presently an open knee/foot space. It really is wasted space. I was able to purchase a Beneteau cabin door on Ebay that I plan to use to fabricate the cabinet and drawer front. Cant really find any other space on the 343 in which to install a drawer. Your insert in the drawer would be ideal.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
[QUOTE="BigEasy ... Thinking about installing a cabinet & drawer under the chart table, where there is presently an open knee/foot space. It really is wasted space. I was able to purchase a Beneteau cabin door on Ebay that I plan to use to fabricate the cabinet and drawer front. .[/QUOTE]

On my B323 I took the shelf at the rear of the quarterberth to make a panel to close off the area under the nav table. Nobody sat there anyway. I left it as a panel- not drawers- so I could stow larger items under the nav. For the 1/4 berth shelf, I used good plywood, stain and varnished, with a access panel to storage underneath.. Under the galley sink I placed three wire shelves (like from a closet), spaced for a large plastic bin, my SS cook pots/pans, and dish drainer and board.

Last edited:

JRacer

Aug 9, 2011
Beneteau 310 Cheney KS (Wichita)
I've been instructed not to leave my drawers in the galley! :biggrin: