Draw Latches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 3, 2005
- - Seattle
Eric and I have been working the parts problem--specifically the draw latch for the hatches in the cockpit. Yamaha lists them for 4911 yen (about $50), but I'm thinking that we could get a deal if we bought a lot of them. Is anyone interested in buying these latches? BTW, the part number is A00-62840-00-93.

Bob

Jun 20, 2009
Yamaha 25, 33, 37 San Diego
come on guys, this is your chance!

Hey everyone:

This is a golden opportunity to update your Yamaha's hardware with Original Manufacturer Parts.

I am taking on Bob's find and getting all my latches and hinges new.

Best regards and Happy New Year to all,

Ed Serra
Sarah V
Yamaha 37

jnovie

Jan 28, 2009
Yamaha 26 tall rig Marina Village Alameda, CA
Do you know if these latches the ones also used on the Yamaha 26 cockpit hatches. If so I would like two pair.
Jan Novie
Yamaha 26 Tall Rig
Berkeley

Jun 20, 2009
Hello Jnovie:

Bob has photos I sent him of the latches on my 37, maybe you can tell from these photos if they are the same. I think my old 25 used the same.

Regards,

Ed Serra
Sarah V
Yamaha 37

jnovie

Jan 28, 2009
Aloha,

Here's a link to a drawing of the part:

http://www.resuco.com/item/7505/A00628400093.html

Maybe in another life I'll figure out how to get the picture off the page, but not yet...

Bob

Thanks for sending the image. I will see if this will work for my boat. I believe my latches are somewhat different. By the way you can simply drag the image of the latch only to your desktop. It is a .jpg image that I was easily able to deal with.
Jan

Jun 20, 2009
Hardware on Sarah V

Thanks for sending the image. I will see if this will work for my boat. I believe my latches are somewhat different. By the way you can simply drag the image of the latch only to your desktop. It is a .jpg image that I was easily able to deal with.
Jan
Thank you for the link Bob. These are the pieces I need as well as the short and long leaf hinges.

I spent some time looking at the site but could not find hinges.

Please keep me posted.

Regards,

Ed Serra
Sarah V
Yamaha 37

Mar 3, 2008
Yamaha Y-36 Sandusky, Ohio
I would be interested in buying a couple if someone trys to place an order? I need 3 for my Y36

Thanks

Jun 20, 2009
I would be interested in buying a couple if someone trys to place an order? I need 3 for my Y36

Thanks
That's what I am talking about.

They have the replacements for all your latches, anchor and gas bottle lockers, small deck hatch aft of the mast and possibly, cockpit locker hinges. If you check before and after the item highlighted, you will see these.

If we get a big order together, it would be less expensive for everyone.

Bob is willing to coordinate the whole thing.

Regards,

Ed Serra
Sarah V
Yamaha 37

jnovie

Jan 28, 2009
Eric and I have been working the parts problem--specifically the draw latch for the hatches in the cockpit. Yamaha lists them for 4911 yen (about $50), but I'm thinking that we could get a deal if we bought a lot of them. Is anyone interested in buying these latches? BTW, the part number is A00-62840-00-93.

Bob
Bob,
Turns out these are the one's used on my Yamaha 26 Tall Rig and I can use two pair for my cockpit hatches. Depending on final cost I may take 4 and replace them all.
Jan
Y26 tall rig
"Wet Fun"
Berkeley, Ca

Aug 3, 2005
- - Seattle
Now that we've identified part numbers, I'm hoping we can order the parts stateside, as I suspect they would be much less expensive. (My friend's wife and nephew come over here to buy Japanese-manufactured stuff because it's cheaper here than at home.)

Does anybody know of a Yamaha motorboat dealer?

Does anyone have a parts list for their boat?

Jan 4, 2008
Yamaha Y25 mkII Long Beach, Ca.
Here are the #'s for the hinges/latches on a Y25-2

Rear lazarette / engine compartment latch A00-62840-40
Fwd lazarette latch A00-62840-93
Hinges A00-62819-00-93

Double check the pics to verify I'm correct

for $9 USD a copy (covers print cost) + postage you can have your own book
Discriptions are in Japanese

Sorry no scanner on my laptop

I'd be interested in the 4 of the A00-62840-40 depending on cost.
Hope it helps

Attachments

Feb 8, 2012
Yamaha 36 Seattle
I'm in for 3 cockpit latches, and 1 anchor locker screw style latches. Thanks for organizing this if you are able.

Graeme

jnovie

Jan 28, 2009
Now that we've identified part numbers, I'm hoping we can order the parts stateside, as I suspect they would be much less expensive. (My friend's wife and nephew come over here to buy Japanese-manufactured stuff because it's cheaper here than at home.)

Does anybody know of a Yamaha motorboat dealer?

Does anyone have a parts list for their boat?

I found the following contact information for the US distributor of Yamaha Boats. Mainly they distribute wave runners and small motorboats. Perhaps you can give them a contact them and let them know the parts numbers we need. I didn't do it as I didn't want to complicate the issue.

I wouldn't be surprised if the motor boat distributer tell you we need to "bite the bullet" and order the parts directly from Japan from the distribution source you have been working with and try and negotiate the best deal we can.

Jan
Yamaha 26 tall rig
"Wet Fun"

Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA
Sales, parts, marketing and distribution of Boats
1270 Chastain Road
Kennesaw, GA 30144

Customer Relations: (800) 962-7926

Aug 3, 2005
- - Seattle
Aloha,

I've been in contact with Yamaha America, and the story is that they will pass on an inquiry to Y-Japan only when initiated by a dealer in their network, so if you have one nearby, and you can get them to ask for the part, we might get a positive response. The part number for the draw latch is A00-62840-00-93. If we can get them to sell it to us here, it will almost certainly be a lot cheaper than going to Japan for it.

Let me know if you have any luck. Thanks.

I found the following contact information for the US distributor of Yamaha Boats. Mainly they distribute wave runners and small motorboats. Perhaps you can give them a contact them and let them know the parts numbers we need. I didn't do it as I didn't want to complicate the issue.

I wouldn't be surprised if the motor boat distributer tell you we need to "bite the bullet" and order the parts directly from Japan from the distribution source you have been working with and try and negotiate the best deal we can.

Jan
Yamaha 26 tall rig
"Wet Fun"
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA
Sales, parts, marketing and distribution of Boats
1270 Chastain Road
Kennesaw, GA 30144

Customer Relations: (800) 962-7926

Jun 20, 2009
Aloha,

I've been in contact with Yamaha America, and the story is that they will pass on an inquiry to Y-Japan only when initiated by a dealer in their network, so if you have one nearby, and you can get them to ask for the part, we might get a positive response. The part number for the draw latch is A00-62840-00-93. If we can get them to sell it to us here, it will almost certainly be a lot cheaper than going to Japan for it.

Let me know if you have any luck. Thanks.
I contacted Yamaha America yesterday. They passed me around to a helpful lady who informed me that on their computer A0062840093 shows Discontinued. However, A00628300093 and A00628405000 can be ordered.

As Bob said, they need to have a Yamaha Dealer place the order as they do not sell direct to the public.

I will post a separate post with the local Yamaha Distributor's info I contacted. They are willing to handle orders.

Fair winds,

Ed Serra
Sarah V
Yamaha 37

Status
Not open for further replies.