Down Wind Sailing

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Russel Garecht

Looking for input on a good downwind sail for a 29.5. Why do you think your suggestion is a good one? Thanks Russ Her Diamond Ring

R

Ron Williams

UK Tri Radil

We have a UK Tri Radial Asymetric Spinnaker and it works fine. You cannot sail straight downwind but rather a broad broad reach. Downwind we are able to go from every boat in the world passing us with the standard sails to few to no boats passing us. We do have a dousing sleeve and feel that it is a necessity. Sailing with the spinnaker even an asymetric is more work and requires more attention. The tri radial will also let yu sail to about 60-70 degress off the wind and can serve as a large foresail in light air conditions. Ron

G

Gary

UK Flasher

That is a UK "Flasher" Tri-Radial I have pictures of in the Owners Foum" or "Photo Forum" cannot remember which, but I think the "owners" flying on "Sea Shel" our 29.5. I like the sail, but it is a lot of work on certain tacks in our area. Lake Pepin is 1-2 miles wide and 20 miles long, some winds require a lot of dousing and resetting, other times a nice long tack is possible

Status
Not open for further replies.