Down the hatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brian

"Did You Say Beer"

In the morning it will be coffee, after that it is beer, beer, beer! And did I mention BEER! Regards, Brian

Oct 25, 2005
Moorman Annapolis 26 New Bern
Homebrew!

Be it a "coffee stout" or a really strong "Strongbow-esque" cider, in my opinion nothing is better than something that came from my kitchen! Cheers, all!

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Fort Walton Yacht Club, Florida
Nothing LIke A Beer, But I'm Real Particular

Any brand so long as it is cold.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
A good scotch or a rum punch.

Authentic Painkiller recipe: 4 parts Pineapple Juice (I like to puree a fresh pineapple instead of using canned juice) 1 part Cream of Coconut 1 part Orange Juice 2 Parts Pussers Rum Top with nutmeg Remember to only use Pussers Rum. No other rum will have the great rich taste. In a pinch you can try Myers but it won't taste quite the same. My own rum punch: 50% orange juice 25% pineapple juice 25% apricot nectar A shot of grenadine Make up ahead of time and bring aboard in milk jugs...keep very cold. When ready to serve, add any light rum in amount to taste or conscience. Fill glass to to 3/4 full, top off with Canada Dry ginger ale (use only Canada Dry...others taste different). If you're in a mood to be fancy, put an orange slice and a maraschino cherry on a toothpick and stick it in the glass.

B

Bob F

Make it red please

A nice "big" Napa Cabernet or Zin. Some great reds coming out from "down under" too. Be sure to open it just before you head into the anchorage to allow time for it to open up a bit. By the time the hook's down and all's shipshape it's time to pour and watch the sunset. Cheers! Bob

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
While We're At It...

... any SoCal guys have the mix for a Buffalo Milk? This thread is making me crave one... RD

Jan 1, 2006
- - saskatchewan
serious topic

I LOVE BEER ... i am boatless but one of the reasons i got hooked on this sailing thing was having a glass(bottles)of wine with a great roast beef dinner at the end of a day on the water with good friends. by order of preferance -beer ,stout,ales etc. -wine ,port -sweet georgia browns(southern comfort and ice tea) and coffee, tasts sooo good first thing in the am. while underway . thanx to all who post at this (these)forums. i find them most helpful . well off to ebay cheers.

D

Daniel Brodsky

Rum & Coke

Dark Rum, Coke and a slice of lime in an ice cold glass. Not too much ice.

R

r.w.landau

Fred, Once again we agree.

Peggy, The painkillers are great but they steal my speach after two of them. I CAN'T WAIT! Wishing everyone spring! r.w.landau

D

David H

Corona and

Lime or Jalapeno juice, But the Prussers sounds interesting!

M

Matt

tom Collins for ME!!!

A tall cold shot of gin mixed with Tom Collins mix!!

T

T J Furstenau

Buffalo Milk Recipe

Here ya go - http://www.drinknation.com/drink/Buffalo-Milk

F

fgcfire

The Captn

Captn Morgan spiced rum with a bit of sweetend lime juice and a bit of water over ice

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
If You Haven't Tried a Buffalo Milk ..

... follow T J Furstenau's link and make up a few. Just be cautious. Does not taste boozy, but packs a delayed fuse. Worth the bother. A standard drink at Doug's in Two Harbors, Catalina Island. Yum! Rick D.

May 24, 2004
Catalina 27 Horseshoe Bay, BC
Single Malt Scotch - the good stuff

I like to sit back and sip a fine single malt scotch, preferably an Islay. My favourites include the likes of Aberlour (lower cost and a fine scotch), Bowmores or Caol Isla.

Jul 20, 2005
Whitby 55 Kemah, Tx
My fav

Greenbean juice, add a little pepper and some old fish bait...doesn't get any better then that.

Jun 2, 2004
Oday 25 pittsburgh
Franklin, what were you drinking when

you came up with that greenbean drink? r.w.landau

Jun 7, 2004
Birch Bay Washington
Why wait till you are stopped?

a hot peppermint patty keeps me from freezing even in August but more so in December when it is cold and dark. Don't overdo it - a little goes a long way.

Oct 25, 2005
Catalina 30 Banderas Bay, Mexico
Ahem ... :)

Of course a Peppermint Patty is just a warm, sweet drink. Just the thing to have handy for treating mild cases of hypothermia. As mature, responsible, boaters we would never consume alcohol while under way. :) Right Patrick? ;)

D

Dan

Dark & Stormy's the One!

Favorite of the Annapolis - Bermuda race! Gosling's dark rum from Bermuda and ginger beer. Spicy and refreshing!

Status
Not open for further replies.