Down the hatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jeanne Bromberg

Life is much more fun when your refreshed!

I reach for an Ice Cold Coca Cola. And I never mess it up with Captain Morgan or anything else!

L

Larry & Diana

51 hours from Mazatlan to La Paz

After a long hard two day passage, we like to sit in the cockpit and sip some red wine. Down here in Mexico, we have found the wines from Chile are the best. And the very best tequila is only US$6.50 per bottle. Beer is only US$3.10 a six pack, or buy it by the large bottle, return the bottle, with a net price of less than 50 cents per bottle ! Another favorite is dark rum with tonic water. Contrary to the popular song, you can drink the water down in Mexico. We have had no problems with local water, in all ports, for many months.

R

Rae Smith

Dark and Stormy

We like a "Dark and Stormy" its a Bermuda drink , made with Goslings Black Seal Rum and ginger beer , a very nice drink , you should try it. Goslings rum is very sweet and different from any other rum , Rae

T

Tom King

When the hook is down

I drink lots of water while sailing, but at the end of the day, when the hook is dropped, I like a nice Tanqueray and tonic with a wedge of lime. On a really hot day, an ice cold Rolling Rock (or two) hits the spot.

RobG

Jun 2, 2004
Ericson 28 Noank, Ct
Humm..I must be flexable

Yup the cold beer is good, the Tanqueray and tonic is good, the ice cold frozen Margarita is good. I'd also add a Sea Breeze, a Boodles martini (dry, dirty olives, light rocks). I want summer!

C

Craig

Nice Single Malt

I reach for a nice single malt scotch, Balvenie 15 would do.

D

David

After Sailing

Afetr the sun is over the yardarm, and the hook is down, we make some bloody bulls, (Bloody mary w/ lime and beef bullion). Hits the spot and balances the electrolites... potassium chloride... cheers!

P

Pete

My favorite...

... drink at anchor is Captain Morgan. If you read the label, it says to pour it into your favorite mixer. My favorite mixer is beer...;D. While afloat under sail, I like to drink water frozen in a soda bottle or Gatorade. I wish it were warm enough for either of them now. But spring launch impends....

Jan 26, 2006
Hunter 31_83-87 Ft Walton Beach, FL
oh !you're all wrong

Now not being a drinking man, I don't want to offend you. It is not what you pour into you. Its what you pour yourself into. I have to jump in for a truely well earnred dip. If you have the right lady with you, you do it in the skinny! NOW THAT IS REFRESHING

Dec 2, 2003
- - Seabeck WA
That reminds me. For you single guys, mix her a

Panty Dropper! Hell, great for us married guys too. OUCH! Sorry Honey,,, Don't ask for the recipe, I haven't a clue. I have to go inside now,,

E

ex-admin

Final results

Final results for the Quick Quiz ending February 26, 2006: What's your favorite summer sailing drink? 38% Other 35% Ice cold beer 19% Fresh chilled water 09% A favorite wine 1,280 owners responding

Status
Not open for further replies.