Door hardware- 90's era Beneteaus

Jul 5, 2021
Privilege 482 Chicago
Hi folks and greetings from another owner of a French built boat! We have a 90's era Privilege catamaran and for years now we've been missing one of the interior locksets and a couple of the handle sets. Beneteaus from the same era used the exact same door hardware as Privilege (or at least the hardware was interchangeable, and the dimensions identical). The company that manufactured the locksets and handles was called "Select". Googling for them now turns up nothing. Anyone with a 90's Bene ever had reason to replace door hardware or have any leads on where we could source some??

Cheers- Matt
SV Perry

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
My 2004 US built Beneteau has “Select” locks on the cabin hatch, so they must have been around at least then. Possibly you could try the Beneteau USA parts site as a lead..

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Welcome to the forum!!

This might be a longshot ......... but take a photo and measurements of the missing interior door locksets and handle sets (assuming you have existing) then do an internet on each, including "images" to see if you can find a match, even if close. That has worked for me in the past on all my past and current Hunter sailboats and a 1984 Taiwanese-made powerboat.

Jul 5, 2021
Privilege 482 Chicago
My 2004 US built Beneteau has “Select” locks on the cabin hatch, so they must have been around at least then. Possibly you could try the Beneteau USA parts site as a lead..
Thanks! Signed up and waiting for to be approved... although came up short on some of the other, non-official, Beneteau parts sites.

Welcome to the forum!!

This might be a longshot ......... but take a photo and measurements of the missing interior door locksets and handle sets (assuming you have existing) then do an internet on each, including "images" to see if you can find a match, even if close. That has worked for me in the past on all my past and current Hunter sailboats and a 1984 Taiwanese-made powerboat.
I did try that and came up with lots of other locksets that look similar, but are not the same. Good thought tho!

Jun 24, 2014
Beneteau 461 Kent Narrows, MD
I have a 2000 Beneteau 461. The door handle on the after head needs replacement. I found it on the Beneteau Parts list. Archive list for older boats. Problem is I can't remove mine. I don't have a very tiny punch to unlock the handle. It's thinner then a paper clip.
Also call Annapolis Yacht Sales Parts department. Better then using Beneteau parts web page. He knows the people in Marion, SC and get you the right part number.

Jul 5, 2021
Privilege 482 Chicago
I have a 2000 Beneteau 461. The door handle on the after head needs replacement. I found it on the Beneteau Parts list. Archive list for older boats. Problem is I can't remove mine. I don't have a very tiny punch to unlock the handle. It's thinner then a paper clip.
Also call Annapolis Yacht Sales Parts department. Better then using Beneteau parts web page. He knows the people in Marion, SC and get you the right part number.
Thanks! Hmmm.. perhaps your handles are different from mine. Removal of mine is 2 screws on each handle/faceplate assembly (2 sides = 4 screws total) and then 2 screws to remove the lockset out of the mortise in the door.

Do you have a contact name for someone specific at Annapolis Yacht Sales? I tried to sign up for the Beneteau parts web page but I have not yet been approved. Or do you know another source where I can look up part numbers?

Mar 20, 2016
Beneteau 351 WYC Whitby
Beneteau P/N 038003 Are you sitting down ...179.68 US Is this what your looking for?
1625700673933.png
1625700673933.png

Nov 16, 2020
Beneteau First41S5 Den Osse, The Netherlands
Contact and ask Ward Richardson Beneteau USA service dept.
He supplied me with door hardware on a Beneteau First 41S5 1991.