Don't know what's wrong, just that I'm having issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneH

Jan 22, 2008
Tartan 37 287 Pensacola, FL
With the chandlery. On my work computer which keeps a black hole under the case sucking in information and air and giving nothing back.

Two things I've run across so far. Which I hope are related to the new store programming.

1) When you're shopping and you view an item, clicking the BACK button just refreshes the screen. Probably this POS from work but maybe not.

2) If you're in the chandlery and you want to move back to the forums, the link on the tab is incomplete and does not have a pull down menu and leaves you with a blank screen. No 401 to be found. LOL.

Hopefully my order next week won't be TOOOOO big. But I've got a long weekend to find out what needs replacing on the new PROJECT boat.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Hi Wayne,

As a matter of fact, we did install a whole new architecture in the store about 48 hours ago along with about 35,000 more skus. The forum link was a little piece of bad code which is now fixed.

The back button is a little trickier. In theory, that's between you and your browser, but I know that the way things are written can impact that. We've not experienced the problem here, although we're running FireFox on Macs.

I assume that when you talk about a sucking sound you're running Windows and IE at work (just a little Mac user humor there). If you can confirm what you have I can do some browser testing to see what's up.

All the data necessary to view a page is in the url, but the products carry all their nav with them in the product database, so it's pretty simple on our end. But always worth testing!

WayneH

Jan 22, 2008
Tartan 37 287 Pensacola, FL
Phil,

Yeah, I figured it was my browser and OS. Just wanted to whine a bit. Major Black Hole here. Windows Vista and Internet Exploder 7. And we just got an upgrade here from 2000 and 6.

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.