Don't drag your rudder on the ground when trailering. Doing some fixing after PO fail.

Jul 12, 2011
Leopard 40 Jupiter, Florida
I did that with a Hunter 216 - left a big streak of gelcoat then fiberglass on the asphalt launch ramp. In my defense, I had a beer on the boat at some time that afternoon. I just paid an artist to make it all perfect again, so a $500 lesson.
:beer:

Aug 1, 2021
Hunter 23.5 Lake Rathbun
What's your process? I have a similar repair in my future.
I am having yard fix before I bringing home after buying her. Stainless dowels, fiberglass/polyester, mold, gelcoat. Will most likely want to drop centerboard in next couple years so am reading up here about all the fun to be had doing that.

Jun 3, 2016
Catalina 18 BRANCHED OAK LAKE
Last spring I was following a guy pulling a hunter 23.5 I think, anyway we were doing about 10 mph going to the ramp area and his rudder flops down to the asphalt and he keeps going . I started honking my horn and tried pulling alongside him and he just ignores me and keeps on going for about 300 yards then he swings right a little to make a left turn and I pull up and block him off and he looks out the window with a really pissed off look and yells " Whaaat ! " "You're dragging your rudder " I yelled back. The look on his face was priceless .

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
I was following a guy once who's tail lights were out. I pulled up beside him and rolled down my window and he just looked at me and shook his head and drove off. Hope he didn't kill anyone.:poop: