Dometic porta potty leaking

chp

Sep 13, 2010
Hunter 280 hamilton
Has anyone had their fresh water tank crack and leak. I've had this new toilet for only 2 seasons. Its never been in freezing temps. Just out of warranty. At least its the fresh water side.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
First I've EVER heard of that happening. I suggest you give Dometic a call. It may be out of warranty--but just barely...you should be able to talk 'em into replacing just the water tank, if not the entire potty. You have nothing to lose by trying. 800-321-9886

--Peggie

chp

Sep 13, 2010
Hunter 280 hamilton
Yup, tried that already. Didn't get anywhere. This is actually the second time I've had a problem with this toilet. The first one was the dump handle pulled out and could not be put back into the slot. It was only 6 months old and they sent me a new holding tank no problem. My old 20 year old Sealand toilet was great. Made of a softer plastic. The new ones are made of hard ABS plastic and glued together. I managed to repair it with ABS cement, so still works ok for now.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Unfortnately the Dometic 975 MSD is only MSD portapotty still available. However, it's actually pretty easy to install a pumpout and vent fitting in any 5 gallon (smaller one doesn't hold enough flushes to be worth the effort) portapotty using Uniseals UNISEAL and a couple of short pieces of hard PVC. The Thetford 550P would be a good choice as replacement.

--Peggie

Nov 22, 2011
Ericson 26-2 San Pedro, CA
Unfortnately the Dometic 975 MSD is only MSD portapotty still available. However, it's actually pretty easy to install a pumpout and vent fitting in any 5 gallon (smaller one doesn't hold enough flushes to be worth the effort) portapotty using Uniseals UNISEAL and a couple of short pieces of hard PVC. The Thetford 550P would be a good choice as replacement.

--Peggie
+1 on the Thetford 550P. I've had no issue with mine in the last 9 years. They no longer manufacture it, but you should be able to find old stock still for sale. The mounting brackets were flimsy, so I replaced those with metal ones. But otherwise, the portapotty itself works great.