Does anyplace sell hose replacement kits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 17, 2011
Catalina 310 USA
Since most of my hoses are original and 12+ years old, I wanted to replace all the coolant and water hoses on the engine. Does anyplace sell hose kits for the M-25xp? Any recommendations? I could not seem to find anything at Torresen marine.

Thanks,
Matt

Nov 18, 2010
Catalina 310 Hingham, MA
Universal has a replacement hose kit for $172. It doesn't have all the hoses you need but it does have the ones that are specialty fit. For the others West Marine or a good hose retailer. I have a guy in Dedham Mass that is about 1/2 to 1/3 of West Marine.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
What I did, faced with that issue, is measure each and every hose. Each boat is different, so there's really now way that you can buy a "kit", so make the effort to find both the size and length of the hoses. Some are 5/8", some are 7/8", like from the freshwater coolant pump to the HX.

You'll have to find a local source for quality hoses.

You'll need new coolant, too. Use distilled water - get it at Safeway when you go to buy your beer! :D

Once you make the changes, you'll have to BURP the engine. Like this:

Engine Overheating 101 - How to Burp Your Engine (Reply #6) http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,4518.msg26462.html#msg26462

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
Universal has a replacement hose kit for $172. It doesn't have all the hoses you need but it does have the ones that are specialty fit. For the others West Marine or a good hose retailer. I have a guy in Dedham Mass that is about 1/2 to 1/3 of West Marine.
Thanks, JK. I'll want to check out that guy in Dedham when I get back in May.

Status
Not open for further replies.