dodger price

Oct 10, 2008
Catalina 28 Island Heights, NJ
Considering ordering a new dodger for my 1991 Catalina 28. Replaced the original about 15 years ago. What can I expect to pay for a replacement nowadays ? Bill G.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Good morning, Bill. What did you pay fifteen years ago and was it just for the fabric/windows? Just paid $650 to have our dodger and bimini windows replaced plus strap repairs.

Jun 8, 2004
Catalina 320 Dana Point
$3500 for canvas and window replacement on existing frame last time I had it done.

Jan 25, 2011
S2 11.0A Anacortes, WA
Good morning, Bill. What did you pay fifteen years ago and was it just for the fabric/windows? Just paid $650 to have our dodger and bimini windows replaced plus strap repairs.
Terry, who did the work?

Jun 8, 2004
Catalina 320 Dana Point
I just remembered there is a company that offers an online estimator for canvas work, I can't vouch for accuracy but interesting to go thru different configurations. The window materials vary widely in price, mine is a "California" dodger so lots of windows and a zippered opening windscreen.
Cost Estimator

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
For us$3500 I could have replaced the dodger and bimini (Sunbrella) on Skipping Stone, with leather where needed, top quality construction, and non-corroding zippers.
Therefore, I'd assume you could get a good job done in North America for slightly over half that. Of the 5 sister ships (Pearson 530), ours was the only one with standing headroom underneath the system. In the companionway, I could stand on the top stair, stay completely dry in any weather and survey the world, view unimpeded by anything, or stand behind the wheel without being hunched over.
Just something to think about if you want a liveable cockpit. I also found the dodgers without windows in the side panels very disturbing. A couple of blind spots forward, looking into a tunnel like dodger. Spend the extra few boat bucks on those windows.
I never would have understood the difference had mine not been made differently from the others. Just got lucky on that one.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Terry, who did the work?
Hi Mark. Leta's Top Shop in Arlington. They did the replacement dodger, bimini and main sail cover several years ago for $1,400. Opening front window, zippered between dodger and bimini, winch handle leather patch, and many other features. Went with toggle latches rather than snaps. Same price.