Dock and Go Override How-to

RichKS

Feb 12, 2024
Jeanneau 469 St Croix
Thanks for posting your troubleshooting Brock. I hope you are back up and running now.

I am having similar issues with my Jeanneau 469 ZF system - engine starts but will not respond to throttle movements or engage into gear. The engine sits at idle. The joystick right side light is lit solid red - indicating throttle lever standard control, which is what I want, but is not working.

My engine battery voltage was showing good before each start, and has been charging on shore power. The system installed seems to be similar but not exactly the same as yours - I don’t have a safety box and haven’t been able to find a specific breaker panel for the ZF system. There just seem to be multiple relays and in line fuses in the wire bundles (!).

please can you send any documentation that you have managed to obtain about the system. I will reach out to ZF in Florida to see if they can help and perhaps send me a diagnostic cable and software.
Cheers

Rich
Currently in St Croix

RichKS

Feb 12, 2024
Jeanneau 469 St Croix
Hi all,

Just to follow up, I managed to get hold of the ZF support helpline "wrenchline" and the representative promptly emailed me all of the documentation needed for emergency backup and troubleshooting. I was also connected with a Florida based dealer (ADR Power Systems) with expertise in the system, whose tech support guy - Dimitrios - is a real guru on the system. With Dimitrios' help, we were quickly able to identify all of the associated fuses and supply lines to the system for inspection and confirm that it was not an electrical supply issue.

My issue turned out to be a dirty engine speed sensor that was easily rectified in about 10 minutes! The boat is now fully operational again, and I now have a much better idea of preventing future issues and have backup procedures in place just in case something like this happens again.

Overall, I was very impressed with the customer support from ZF and ADR Power Systems - thank you!

Rich