Do you have your veterans ID card?

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
My Green ID expired years ago so I applied for the new VA card and received it recently. I think it's AWESOME that the VA is issuing these cards to veterans now BUT I am a bit disappointed with the card itself.
It just doesn't look like a government ID and seems fake. I've had cashiers at Home Depot roll their eyes at me like I'm trying to put one over on them.

-Z
That does look kinda lame. Like something you could make up on a PC and laminate. You'd think there would be a watermark, holograph. or some other official looking background.

Short story. When I went to renew my Veteran car tag. the clerk at the tag office asked for my DD-214 for proof of status. I showed my drivers license instead. She said I needed to present my DD-214. My reply was that I had to present the document at the DL office to get 'Veteran" printed on it. Talk about isolated government offices. She relented and gave me my tag after all.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
No veterans ID card here. Did not earn one, even though I spent some time in Vietnam. Do not want one, no need for it. The thought of having any kind of government entitlement just irks. Yes, social security and medicare helps, but I was forced to pay into those obligations over many years. Whether I got my money back or not is mute.