Do You Have a Safety Gear Diagram on Your Boat?

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
I have tabulated the boat's safety gear in Word. Now I am planning to prepare a diagram in either Visio, Paint or Excel and locker labels describing what safety gear can be found in each location for myself and crew. Does anyone have one to share and what additional safety gear should be added to the list and maybe lockers with labels describing what safety gear can be found there?

Below are a list of safety gear as a starting point to include:
1625416312570.png

• Helpful
Sep 25, 2008
Alden 50 Sarasota, Florida
Electrical shut-off(s)?
Good list. My problem has always been keeping stuff in its designated location, I.e., VHF handheld, knives, ...

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I like it. IT is stuff in my head.
Now that I have read your list, I remember the comment.. Unless it is written down it doesn't exist.

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
I did this plan years ago for anyone operating the boat. It hasn't been used much or updated but little has changed and this 'key' is visible and easily accessible with registration, etc.
Key 1200 2.jpg

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
TomY offers a really good solution............use the Snip & Sketch to copy and paste your boat's plan and cross-sectional views into a WORD document. Then use the Shape function in WORD to insert arrows from a text description of the safety gear to their location.

DArcy

Feb 11, 2017
Islander Freeport 36 Ottawa
I imported the layout drawing for my boat into Apache OpenOffice Draw then traced over the lines to create an uncluttered view. I have started to add notes for locations of systems on different layers (AC power, DC power, plumbing, Safety...). I have not added much to the Safety layer yet so thanks @sail sfbay for posting your list, I can add these now.
Event Horizon Safety Diagram.jpg