DIY New Counter Sink Faucet Renovation on my Hunter 31 SV Windy Daze

Oct 17, 2017
Hunter 31 Deltaville
Hi Sailboat Owners
I just renovated the bathroom head with a new counter, new sink, new faucet as well as new plumbing connections on my Hunter 31 SV Windy Daze. I have put together a to show how I did it. If you want to DIY the same project and see how I did it on my Hunter 31 SV Windy I would love it if you followed it. I also have other sailboat renovations on my Hunter 31 SV Windy Daze.
Thanks Steve

pateco

Aug 12, 2014
Hunter 31 (1983) Pompano Beach FL
One of the most satisfying projects I have done on our 1983 H31. I used tile and new teak edging over the existing countertop. I also replaced the faucet and the porta-potty.

Before:
2017-06-21 20.57.12.jpg

2017-07-01 20.42.41.jpg

After:

2017-07-08 14.33.20.jpg

Oct 17, 2017
Hunter 31 Deltaville
Hi Chip Packard,
Thanks for the reply. I like it, looks good, the new self contained potty is certainly a good move. I am trying to figure out what you did with the mirrored cabinet behind the potty. I want to replace the mirrored sliding doors with new but I can't see how to dissemble. please advise. Also very nice faucet and the the handhold is a great idea. Let me know. Thanks,
Steve SV Windy Daze

pateco

Aug 12, 2014
I am trying to figure out what you did with the mirrored cabinet behind the potty. I want to replace the mirrored sliding doors with new but I can't see how to dissemble. please advise.
My mirrored doors were in OK shape, so all I did was replace the handles. While I was at it, I replaced all the other sliding door handles on the boat at the same time. (some of them were in really rough shape.)To remove the doors, you slide them up vertically, and once they clear the lower track they can be pushed inward to remove. Do the rear one first.

Here is a picture with them removed while I was repainting the bulkheads.
2017-07-03 23.27.11.jpg

Oct 17, 2017
Hunter 31 Deltaville
Thanks Chip, Like the mirrors over the sink which I removed the sliding doors over the head are old and need to be removed and replaced. Will be going to SVWD tomorrow, will try to remove per your instructions. Thanks, Steve SV Windy Daze

pateco

Aug 12, 2014
Thanks Chip, Like the mirrors over the sink which I removed the sliding doors over the head are old and need to be removed and replaced. Will be going to SVWD tomorrow, will try to remove per your instructions. Thanks, Steve SV Windy Daze
Steve,
I got a new mirror for the wall with an interesting wood frame from HomeGoods, but have not gotten around to installing it yet.

Mirror mapple.jpg